Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on SDPC CNC LS3 heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions on SDPC CNC LS3 heads

Just looking for opinions on these heads. I know there are MUCH better heads out there but this is a DD and I don’t need a set of Mast splayed 3k+ heads.

Seems like these are a solid set of heads for the money and I wouldn’t have to be without heads when I do the swap. Hopefully I’d be able to sell my heads and recoup some money.

I’m acquiring parts for a cam swap and DOD delete now. I’m looking at a pretty healthy cam setup. Want to do the heads at the same time since they’ll be off anyway.

Anyone have an opinion on these?

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Does SDPC sell their own?

If they are not the same as the following, take a look at the Chevy Performance CNC LS3 heads as well
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    Does SDPC sell their own?

If they are not the same as the following, take a look at the Chevy Performance CNC LS3 heads as well
    Well they’re on the website. Seemed like a good deal I’m not sure if they make them or they have someone else make them and just rebrand them.

Just wanted to know if they’d be good with this motor or if they’re too big. I don’t want to “over head” the motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Texas-Speed can do your factory heads.
    http://www.texas-speed.com/p-4407-pr...g-service.aspx
    '09 Pacific Slate G8 GT,1900 Magnacharger cog drive. Engine rebuilt by Texas Speed and Performance with some very nice parts. Airaid intake, Kooks 1 7/8" lt's, cats, midpipe, SLP PowerFlow exhaust. Pedders lowered touring package. Baer Pro front brakes. ForgeStar F14 GunMetal 19x8.5 Michelin Pilot Sport a/s. '78 El Camino. 2008 model Blue Heeler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJazz View Post
    Texas-Speed can do your factory heads.
    http://www.texas-speed.com/p-4407-pr...g-service.aspx
    I'd rather just buy replacement heads so I wouldn't have any down time waiting on the heads to get ported.

My main question is about the performance of the heads. Are they too big for the motor since we have LS3 heads on a 6.0 already. Or should I save the money and buy a set of factory heads, get them touched up on the intake and exhaust side a little and ride.

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I've seen the Chevy Performance CNC heads on 6.0 builds with a cam etc and they were excellent.

Bang for the buck they are an excellent choice.

I have a set myself waiting when I get around to it.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

I have PRC heads which are very nice. Not cheap however. If I were you, I'd find a set of stock take off's and send them to MAST, TSP, or RCR and have them done. No down time and cheaper than new heads.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    Personally I've seen the Chevy Performance CNC heads on 6.0 builds with a cam etc and they were excellent.

Bang for the buck they are an excellent choice.

I have a set myself waiting when I get around to it.

Ok great. That’s what I was looking for. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I have PRC heads which are very nice. Not cheap however. If I were you, I'd find a set of stock take off's and send them to MAST, TSP, or RCR and have them done. No down time and cheaper than new heads.
    I thought about doing this. However after running the numbers the best bang for the buck would be the SDPC Heads because I get new castings, new valves, springs and all the hardware. By the time i bought a set of heads used, replaced the valves and hardware and then had them CNC’d by one of those shops I’d be looking at a lot more money but probably not a lot more HP.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI Chevrolet Performance is offering a $100 rebate when you buy a pair of heads.
    Offer is valid through the end of March.

-Greg
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq