Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disrespect to our flag.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disrespect to our flag.

Any opinions on taking a knee?
    2009 G8GT, Phantom Black and red seats, all the premium extras,Thorlo hedders,Volant cold air intake,Solo cat backs,custom spoiler,custom mats

Post Thanks / Like

Taking a knee on company time should follow company policy. It's on the owners to take action or ignore it. The point is moot now that it has been shown that almost all players are suffering brain damage. It's time for the mega-corporations to pick a healthier national sport or go the extra mile and bring back death matches in the Colosseum. I know I'd prefer a quick death to spending decades as a vegetable. Boxing is next, and soccer will have to ban heading the ball.
    2009 G8 GT, premium, sport, sport red metallic
    Roto-Fab CAI
    MagnaFlow 16887 Street Series cat-back
    Superchips Cortex: RotoFab 91 Octane, 25% TM, AFM off
    and splash guards (that look better than dirt)

Post Thanks / Like

Ignore them. They’re just looking for more attention.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, to me, it's very disrespectful. My family history is loaded with family and relatives that have served our country. Sure everyone has the freedom to take a knee, and we can thank folks that protect our freedoms for this, so do you see the irony in this. There is legitimate beef on these issues people are protesting but doing this in that venue complete defeats the purpose. Because of this, I have never watch fewer football games this year. I've switched to Baseball, Hockey, and NASCAR. Last Sunday as I watched the opening NASCAR race at the Texas Speedway it made me reflexed how important it is to show solidarity to the flag, country, and the people that server. Just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then." -- Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

You stand with your hand over your heart (singing is optional). No more, no less! IMO, an American does NOT use the national anthem as a time to protest.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    You stand with your hand over your heart (singing is optional). No more, no less! IMO, an American does NOT use the national anthem as a time to protest.
    Or to go to the bathroom, or buy beer and nachos, or walk around in the hallways, or sit at home stuffing your face with chips before the game etc..................

Post Thanks / Like

I agree chewy.
    It's a few minutes for you to show you support the idea of America. Not the government, military, police, and so on. But that you at thankful to live under the constitution and have freedom to live a good life.

With that said the American flag doesn't represent the government or military. It represents America. The land the idea.

And them dick heads can stand for the anthem and take a knee right after and show the same message.
    But to their protest. It's stupid as shit. Why only raise awareness for cops vs black people. Why bring race into it? Why not raise awareness for cops to become better everyday and for all people to help them along the way.
    Cops wrongful shoot all people but apparently whatever that half black unemployed quarterbacks name is don't care about the white, brown, yellow, red, or whatever color people who are wrongfully killed. So Imo he's a pos
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Being a veteran it's disgraceful af and I agree with buildit if you can't support our country at it's roots I've got no place for you in my life. It's utterly disheartening to see our county divided and reduced to a level of complete lack of respect and morals that people have now days. It's chicken shit af and unprofessional. Stand up, take your damn hat off or whatever, pay attention, pay respect, put your hand over your heart and thank god you weren't born in some shithole third world country and have the privilege to do so in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

If they want to protest a cause instead of taking a knee during the anthem how about getting members from both teams to meet at the 50 yard line before the opening festivities, take a knee and say a prayer. The anthem should be respected for those that fought & died giving you the right to protest.

As mentioned a few post above during the anthem while watching a game, race, whatever on television EVERYTHING in the house stops. We display the same respect we would if we were in attendance at the event!