Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Stall converter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stall converter

Hey guys was wandering if anyone had similar mods as me and could recommend a stall converter. I've got a custom pat g 220/227 cam (howards) that's similar to a mid lunati and 3.27 gears and pacesetters. Hoping to get into low 12's with this cam as a daily driver also. I was looking at a roadrunner 2800 stall I'm just on a budget. I'm not set on a certain stall speed or brand just would like to make sure its still dd friendly. Also I'm still running the stock sport wheels and imagine i'll probably need a drag pack and maybe more kids to get to my goal. Milled heads and intake? Thanks
    Last edited by Ewinder68; 10-31-2017 at 06:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nobody run a stall with a lil lunati or mid lunati that can share their experiences?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a cam but I do have a Circle-D 258mm 3000rpm converter and full bolt-ons. I also have 3.45 gears and drag radials. My best so far is 12.0 @ 112.5 on a 1.64 60'. I would imagine any cam bigger than stock should put you in the low 12's. Once I do my cam and heads, I'll be looking for low 11's.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome and thanks! I found a reasonably priced triple disk 9.5" that I'll most likely be using. It's probably overkill but I ran it by pat g as he's tuned my car and I can't say enough about all his help he's provided. He suggested a 2600 stall for driveability so.that's probably what I'll end up with.
    Last edited by Ewinder68; 11-30-2017 at 01:42 PM.