Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New from Germany ( Bavaria)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevybernie View Post
    Thanks.
    Maybe you can press your throttle pedal a little wider to the bottom on german Autobahn, but the traffic becomes more and more. Most time, you can be happy, if you can drive 160 km/h for any kilometers, because most drivers are using the left lane and stay on it with slower speed. If there is a short piece of place wher you can go to higher speeds, you can be sure, after the next curve or hill is anything, like speed limits, slow cars, passing trucks- and all trucks must have a speed limiter, that allows max 90 km/h. Then, one is driving 90 and the other 88 it needs any time to pass . So you can brake again. For me, if i watch TV , i would like to drive on american streets. Not even in big cities, but in the country. Straight ahead for miles and miles. Streets like this , you can´t find in germany.
    Sad to hear about slow drivers in left lane. I thought German drivers had more 'lane discipline'. Our main highways are plagued with slow drivers in left lane. You are correct about are our roads outside of big cities. Out in less populated areas, we have 2 lane roads that are very fun to drive on.
    2009 WH GT Prem/Sprt w/Sunroof, Trunk liner, Custom-fitted Sunshade, Sony GPS, LED Rear License Plate Lights. X-PEL Headlight Protectors, Osram Nightbreaker Low- Beams, Redline armrest cover, Raceramp Flatstoppers, Led Reverse Lights, Led Taillights, Led Foglights, Genuine HSV Seat Belt Shouder Pads, Commodore VF rear window interior sunshade direct from AU. No Performance Mods, maybe someday just get a 480HP Crate Engine from GMPerformance.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!

I could read and understand your English perfectly. We appreciate the effort!
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums, and congrats on the new purchase!

To be honest your English is better than most native speakers I've encountered on forums.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.
    Can someone help me? I´d like to put a photo from my car here, but it seems the data volume is to big. How can i make it right?

Post Thanks / Like

Your English is great! Hell of a lot better than my German!

Welcome and congrats on the new car.

If you just want to post a picture, sometimes it's easier to use another place to host it and then drop the link here.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chewy.
    The Community you live seems like a german name. Near me ( 30km) there is a Community with name Pettendorf. ....How small the world is.
    Greetings from Bavaria.
    Bernhard

Post Thanks / Like

Willkommen. Very nice car you have there.
    A nearby village a few miles away from me has a brick and stone welcome sign, on the back side when leaving the sign has "auf wiedersehen" engraved in the stone. A very nice place that has stayed close to its german roots, much like a majority of people in the area.
    Last edited by Pontiac88; 09-08-2017 at 05:30 AM.
    09 GT PBM - Red/Onyx - Sport, Premium, Roof

Rotofab, LS7 MAF, Pat G, Kooks 1-7/8 Mids w/ HFC's, Magaflow Cat-Back, 3.45 gears

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.
    I save my money and hope, - maybe next year, that i can visit USA sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevybernie View Post
    Hi Chewy.
    The Community you live seems like a german name. Near me ( 30km) there is a Community with name Pettendorf. ....How small the world is.
    Greetings from Bavaria.
    Bernhard
    It's actually the last name of a German couple that started the city. Remember, we're a mixing pot of nations here. We actually have a German Heritage Center here.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!