Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: 2008 G8 GT No Start(HELP)

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2008 G8 GT No Start(HELP)

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have an issue and I'm all out of ideas. Here is the scoop:

I recently installed a new Circle D converter, deep trans pan and a trans cooler. I did everything by myself off jack stands in the garage. Once I got everything back together, the car would not fire. No click, nothing. Battery is good but even tried jumping off my truck just to be sure, terminals are clean, grounds have been checked. Took out starter and had it checked and its good. Checked 2 amp security fuse inside car. I have removed relay 12 in engine compartment and jumped and the car will start if the key is held in the start position. It idles fine with no issues. I am all out of ideas here. I saw somewhere about the onstar module so I removed it. I did disconnect the battery while key in ignition which is why I checked the onstar battery. I don't believe that would keep the car from starting? I also looked into the ignition switch but couldn't really do anything with that. All other fuses are good. I have HP tuners but no DTCs present. Anyone know what tells relay 12 to fire? Is it the ignition switch? Maybe I have narrowed it down to that?

Post Thanks / Like

I would try to disconnect the battery.
    Unplug the trans harness and check the pins for cleanliness and not pushed in.
    Check grounds and all that good stuff.
    Then hook battery back up.

I had a problem with my ground strap on the passenger head to body. It was tight but no connection at all.
    Maybe try to make a engine to body ground and see if it makes a difference.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Found it. When plugging the trans back in the plug wasn't lined up so I bent two of the TCM pins. Had to buy a new TCM and install then had towed to have dealership flash the new one. Lesson learned I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Always something simple yet a pain.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885