Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Key transponder questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Key transponder questions

Anyone the correct transponder to use? I bought a Chinese flip key that was supposed to have one in it. It didn't and when I told them they sent me one. I put it in and tried to program it but it didn't work. Took it to the dealer and they couldn't program it either. From what I can tell, it needs a id46 chip so I bought one and it doesn't work either. The numbers on both chip are, pcf7936aa. What are the chances that 2 chips are bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Id46 is correct, get one from GTOG8TA http://gtog8ta.com/08-09-g8/08-09-g8...gm-id-46-chip/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have the old fob?? If you do just take the other one out and insert it into the new fob. Thats what I did. 16 bucks for a new fob and used old chip. Used my old key just reinstalled it into the new one.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

where is transponder chip and how do you install it

Post Thanks / Like

Got this from Amazon ..customer write up ..go to reviews and you will see the chip in the guys hand with his write up. Click on the pic

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

The chip you need is PCF7936AS not the pcf7936AA. They say the AA version is an upgrade, but I couldnt get any of the chips with AA to work. I ordered the PCF7936AS, should be here in a few days. Anybody else have problems with AA chip? My car is 2008 GT.

Post Thanks / Like

The main difference between PCF7936AS and PCF7936AA is the type of programming they use. The PCF7936AS uses an encrypted programming method and the PCF7936AA uses an unencrypted programming method. The encrypted programming used in the PCF7936AS provides a higher level of security. Thus, PCF7936AS and PCF7936AA are two different types of transponder chips.
    These chips are compatible with:

Pontiac G6
    Pontiac G8
    Pontiac Solstice
    Pontiac Torrent
    Pontiac Vibe
    Pontiac Grand Prix
    Chips can be programmed using programs:
    TANGO
    ZED Bull
    AD900Pro