Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Stainless Works 2" Primary Headers & 3" Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stainless Works 2" Primary Headers & 3" Exhaust

Just saw this morning that StainlessWorks has come to market with a 2" Primary Header System with 3" Collector and 3" catback system as well.

$1500 for the header system with high flow cats, 1200 for the catback system with mid muffler and dual rear mufflers to 3.5" quad tips.

Ends up being $2700 for an exhaust system.

They posted dyno results, and had it at nearly 100hp with tune, which I would say is um... optimistic... but still cool that many years later new products are being produced.

Headers
    Header Back exhaust

Thoughts?

Tough to justify $2700 for a swap from a 1 7/8 system to a 2" system, but interested in group thoughts on it.

Edit: I guess the $$$ may not be out of line... the 1-7/8 ARH system was $1900 but then you've gotta add an axleback to it, so figure another $500 or so on top of that.
    Last edited by STL_G8GT; 07-23-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pipemax numbers along with credible comments:

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/6-ex...-vs-2-a-2.html
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcmGT View Post
    Pipemax numbers along with credible comments:

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/6-ex...-vs-2-a-2.html
    Great read, and a cameo from Rick, too! Thanks JCM.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They posted a blog entry and video
    http://stainlessworks.net/wordpress/.../?__country=JO

Video
    http://stainlessworks.net/2008-09-pontiac-g8-gt-video

It sounds great. Since there is a catback option, I'm wondering if they'll connect to the Kooks mids I just bought. I've been waiting for a three muffler system for years.
    Last edited by Executor999; 07-23-2017 at 04:00 PM.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Executor999 View Post
    They posted a blog entry and video
    http://stainlessworks.net/wordpress/.../?__country=JO

Video
    I was impressed with the video... plenty of comparisons. They didn't mention drone, so I'd imagine it would, even with a mid.
    2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a set of the 2" and will be sure to post results!

As far as the dyno numbers go, it's comparing a bone stock car to an intake/long tube/catback/tune, so 75whp is totally reasonable

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

I had their system from a friend but sold it to another friend, he put it on his GXP

It was not the 2", but it sounded awesome.

Quality was there, just like the ARH systems.

I like them both. On the SS, I am going to do an ARH or SW set up eventually, decided to leave the G8 alone now other than all the wheel swaps.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    I had their system from a friend but sold it to another friend, he put it on his GXP

It was not the 2", but it sounded awesome.

Quality was there, just like the ARH systems.

I like them both. On the SS, I am going to do an ARH or SW set up eventually, decided to leave the G8 alone now other than all the wheel swaps.
    Sure ya will....................................... ;-)
    2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8