Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear abs wire harness replacement cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rear abs wire harness replacement cost.

Hello, I have the " abs fault-traction control off light " on again. On Star said code C0045. Which is left rear abs wheel speed sensor. This has been replaced once previously. Also had right abs wheel speed sensor has been replaced. Both in the last two years. Does anybody have any idea what dealer would charge to replace rear abs sensor wiring harness ? GM Part # 92257573. I may just take car to dealer. It is just so hot now to mess around with it myself. I just wanted to have an idea of how much that they will soak me. That is if it is a wiring connection problem. Also if anybody has installed this harness how easy or difficult might this be? Thanks.
    2009 WH GT Prem/Sprt w/Sunroof, Trunk liner, Custom-fitted Sunshade, Sony GPS, LED Rear License Plate Lights. X-PEL Headlight Protectors, Osram Nightbreaker Low- Beams, Redline armrest cover, Raceramp Flatstoppers, Led Reverse Lights, Led Taillights, Led Foglights, Genuine HSV Seat Belt Shouder Pads, Commodore VF rear window interior sunshade direct from AU. No Performance Mods, maybe someday just get a 480HP Crate Engine from GMPerformance.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what a dealership would charge but I did it myself awhile back and don't recall anything too difficult about it. A lift would make it even easier but I did it on the floor with jack stands.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

I have a rear ABS harness. PM me a fair offer if your interested.

I removed it from the cradle while it was out so I can't help you on the install time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    MGM GXP - M6, sunroof, and a whole lot of fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll probably take it to dealer. I need to get it fixed somewhat quick. Car isn't my dd but G8 has to be ready if something happens to my dd. Also it has been a couple of years or so since I had a significant car repair expense. I guess I am about due.
    Last edited by astynx; 06-14-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    2009 WH GT Prem/Sprt w/Sunroof, Trunk liner, Custom-fitted Sunshade, Sony GPS, LED Rear License Plate Lights. X-PEL Headlight Protectors, Osram Nightbreaker Low- Beams, Redline armrest cover, Raceramp Flatstoppers, Led Reverse Lights, Led Taillights, Led Foglights, Genuine HSV Seat Belt Shouder Pads, Commodore VF rear window interior sunshade direct from AU. No Performance Mods, maybe someday just get a 480HP Crate Engine from GMPerformance.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone with access to Alldata should be able to get the book hours for that. Labor was $90 an hour in Indiana, but looks to be $120 an hour in Texas.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

It should n't be alot of labor. Anyways, started car this morning no abs,traction control off warning. Drove around a bit with a few ignition off and on and warning was still off. Who knows, it may just pop back up. I will probably buy new harness and when car is up on jackstands for yearly oil change. I will replace with brand new harness. Thanks again for replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    How did you prompt Onstar to give you a maintenance code? I have the same problem. Ive changed the left rear wheel sensor, the abs-traction fault went away for a bit but it came back.
    thx in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    Hi,
    How did you prompt Onstar to give you a maintenance code? I have the same problem. Ive changed the left rear wheel sensor, the abs-traction fault went away for a bit but it came back.
    thx in advance.
    Depending on where you live you can get most auto parts stores to pull the code for you.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical harness failure. It will come and go until the break is through the wiring.

I have had a harness in the box but haven't bothered to install it in 3 [or more] years now. It moved all of maybe 500 or 1000 [if lucky] in 2016 and 2017, and all of .1 miles this year. Way more fun to drive unless the light bothers you and you can't keep your foot out of it in the rain.

.3 up to .6 for labor time. It clips on in several places, nothing crazy.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rear abs wire harness replacement cost

Does this suggest/confirm that the rear wish ones are the same for SE/S1 the only difference being the material from which they are made?