Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ignition Recall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ignition Recall

Those of you that did the ignition recall: Do you get to keep the flip key, or is it replaced with a fixed key?

Thanks.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You get a fixed key and they keep the fob for the flip key.

Post Thanks / Like

When they told me they take the key fob away I told them to kiss my ass and never got it done.

Sorry but who the heck is really having the problem with their G8 ignition? I havent heard one forum member have the issue.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same Mongo..my car will never see a dealer and no issues at all with the ignition.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

I think I went..and only gave them the regular (non-flip) key since I heard similar things.. (not) surprisingly they seemed kind of at a loss of what to do...
    -= R.I.P Charlie =-
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT 888 Edition #470
    Texas-Speed 418 LS3, Patrick G 234/242 114LSA+2 Cam & Livernois Ported Heads & Valve-job, Roto-Fab CAI & Radiator Cover, Fasterproms Ported TB & Manifold, ECM/TCM Tune by PatrickG, 1-7/8" American Racing Headers, Circle-D 258mm 2800rpm Converter, Powerbond 25% Pulley, Pedders xA Street II Kit, HSV VE GTS Fenders, HSV VE GTS 20" Wheels (285/30 & 245/35), 20% Tint, Holden Rear Sunshade, Empty Wallet Mod(tm)
    http://g8gt.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I think I went..and only gave them the regular (non-flip) key since I heard similar things.. (not) surprisingly they seemed kind of at a loss of what to do...
    Great idea! I will use the regular fob spare that came with the G8.

I can see them now scratching

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That's where Mongo's soloution comes into play
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

I need to get rid of all the recall mailings I receive ..also the OnStar emails & alerts. I hate to bring it to them for nothing just so they can beat on my car like the last time.

Post Thanks / Like

I refused the recall.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing hanging from my flip key is the heavy Pontiac fob that THEY saw fit to hang on it. Their recall operates as an acknowledgement that anything hanging from it may result in disaster. Their recall notwithstanding, if I don't answer and service their recall and something bad happens I do not become primarily liable. I might assume some small part of the liability, but ultimately it is still their ass...

And I bet even a marginal lawyer could seat a jury who agrees...

My time is very valuable to me. Thirty miles to the closest dealer. Tell me GM, how are you going to compensate me for the investment of my time to assist YOU in lessening YOUR liability exposure?
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 06-11-2017 at 05:25 AM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.