Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russell 692210 stainless lines

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

One of mine rounded off very easy and the car was only a year or two old at the time, and I gave up. It wasn't till a couple years ago that I finally replaced that hard line and swapped the hoses.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Well...

This. My comment wasn't an indictment on how you use and maintain your car. More of my experience with the materials GM/Holden used. When I did my brakes, I wanted to do everything at once. Bought calipers, rotors, pads and lines. Got everything on but the lines. Maybe, one day....
    Exactly and well put. I was amazed when I saw how the line connections had fuzzed up. Couldn't believe they were on my car. I believe they would round very easily. Inexpensive tools are usually that way for a reason, and flex/give in the wrench will ruin your day.
    Anyhow, the Russell lines are quality pieces.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

No offense taken...

Just trying to figure out if I need to pickup these Russell lines when I finally get to this upgrade....

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Well...

This. My comment wasn't an indictment on how you use and maintain your car. More of my experience with the materials GM/Holden used. When I did my brakes, I wanted to do everything at once. Bought calipers, rotors, pads and lines. Got everything on but the lines. Maybe, one day....
    MGM '09 G8 GT, RCR tuned, RCR cam (223/231 .625/.622 111+0 ), PRC 250CC heads 65cc chambers, RCR "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Spectre 102mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Vararam with RCR type air wedge, Solo Mach CB, 3.45 gears & Yank 3200SS stall

Post Thanks / Like

Front brake lines from Advance, etc, are going to retail for about $28 each. They are exact replacements.
    Didn't price the rears. You can always get 20% off if you order online, but the whole kit from Greg at Pace was only a little over $100.

Post Thanks / Like

Easily the best $115 mod you can do to your car. I was worried about rounding them off too, but I soaked them all with pb blaster and let them soak while changing the oil. Them I bought a small handheld torch from lowes and put the heat to them before I even tried to loosen them and then used a line wrench and was able to get them all off with no problem. The heat is the key.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

All I did was hit them with PB blaster the day before. Good flare wrench as well. My labels were right when I did my zl1 conversion last month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slayermanny View Post
    All I did was hit them with PB blaster the day before. Good flare wrench as well. My labels were right when I did my zl1 conversion last month.
    Yup, labels are now correct. I did get new copper washers instead of using the aluminum ones that come with the lines though.