Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russell 692210 stainless lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default Russell 692210 stainless lines

Saw in the past that when installing, people swapped front lines. "Driver's side" label goes on passenger side and vice versa.
    Have a set of lines made June 2016, and the lines themselves look to be identical, only difference being the mounting bracket that holds the line to the chassis. Mine appear to be correct, bracket and labeling match.
    Was this a problem in the past that has been corrected maybe? I don't see an issue but thought I'd ask.
    Anyone who has done these recently?
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember what part number I bought, but I don't remember having any issues with fitment.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ray.
    Looks to me like the labeling department got it right.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought CTSv front brakes. How necessary or important are these?

Do they matter for drag racing or more for track usage?
    MGM '09 G8 GT, RCR tuned, RCR cam (223/231 .625/.622 111+0 ), PRC 250CC heads 65cc chambers, RCR "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Spectre 102mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Vararam with RCR type air wedge, Solo Mach CB, 3.45 gears & Yank 3200SS stall

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought CTSv front brakes. How necessary or important are these?

Do they matter for drag racing or more for track usage?
    Not important for drag racing. Plus your stockers are probably so rusted and corroded they aren't worth the trouble.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming they were labeled wrong because they were for rh drive cars originally. When I got mine several years ago, the labels were wrong.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    I'm assuming they were labeled wrong because they were for rh drive cars originally. When I got mine several years ago, the labels were wrong.
    They are now labeled correctly. Not so sure about the aluminum crush washers, but the car never sees bad weather so I'll give them a try.

Flare nuts on the old lines where rubber and steel connect were pretty well corroded, but a little WD40 and heat got them loose. Just make sure you have a good quality 10mm flare wrench or you're gonna screw the steel line nuts up. In other words, don't buy the tool where you buy the lines. This is on a low mile fair weather car only. Might be good to replace stockers anyway.

The dealer will tell you they are no longer available, and the SS and PPV numbers are different. Don't panic, they are available through Advanced, and O'Reilly, and probably others. You can get Wearever, Best Brake, or Dorman part numbers.
    Last edited by tchr49; 06-14-2017 at 02:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

My stock lines? I doubt it. My car is a garage queen and only has 37,000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    Not important for drag racing. Plus your stockers are probably so rusted and corroded they aren't worth the trouble.
    MGM '09 G8 GT, RCR tuned, RCR cam (223/231 .625/.622 111+0 ), PRC 250CC heads 65cc chambers, RCR "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Spectre 102mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Vararam with RCR type air wedge, Solo Mach CB, 3.45 gears & Yank 3200SS stall

Post Thanks / Like

My stock lines? I doubt it. My car is a garage queen and only has 37,000 miles on it.
    Hope you're right, mine has just over 18,000 on the clock, bought CPO'd with 6k summer miles. Never been in snow, rained on maybe a handful of times. I had to use some WD and some propane to break them loose.

Post Thanks / Like

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    Hope you're right, mine has just over 18,000 on the clock, bought CPO'd with 6k summer miles. Never been in snow, rained on maybe a handful of times. I had to use some WD and some propane to break them loose.
    This. My comment wasn't an indictment on how you use and maintain your car. More of my experience with the materials GM/Holden used. When I did my brakes, I wanted to do everything at once. Bought calipers, rotors, pads and lines. Got everything on but the lines. Maybe, one day....