Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Will Gorilla 71643N "The System" Work On Stock Wheels?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Gorilla 71643N "The System" Work On Stock Wheels?

Thread title says it all, will the Gorilla 71643N "The System" lug nuts work on stock 18" wheels?

I have looked all over the forums and cannot find a definitive answer to this. I know they work on many VMR rims, as well as other aftermarket rims, but no one is talking about putting these on their stock rims. I saw somewhere that the exposed lug is too long and split the cap of the nut, but cannot find that post and if this was on a stock rim or not. Any help would be appreciated.

If these do not work, i am looking for a set of locking or keyed lug-nuts to put on my car that all match. I am not a large fan of 4 acorn nuts with one keyed lug-nut.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought some VMR rims. I ordered that gorilla set on Amazon.

When it gets here, I can try on my stock 18s unless you already bought something else.
    MGM '09 G8 GT, RCR tuned, RCR cam (223/231 .625/.622 111+0 ), PRC 250CC heads 65cc chambers, RCR "ram air" intake, & ported TB; Spectre 102mm MAF/LS7 card, HSRK, DT headers, Vararam with RCR type air wedge, Solo Mach CB, 3.45 gears & Yank 3200SS stall

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the Mcgard system and will just have to deal with the mismatching lock nut. Thank you though. For future reference should anyone have the same question, it will still be beneficial to provide an answer if you remember to do so!
    Last edited by birdmang8; 06-06-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birdmang8 View Post
    I went with the Mcgard system and will just have to deal with the mismatching lock nut. Thank you though. For future reference should anyone have the same question, it will still be beneficial to provide an answer if you remember to do so!
    Im looking into it myself. I have the McGard set ..acorns chrome nuts ..I have to say Mcgards are always top quality but I want to change them to the black keyed ones your mentioning. But Im having a hell of a time finding anything that is close to them.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Gorilla has a great set but I do not believe they will fit the stock rims without trimming the lugs down. Hopefully RichsGreyGT will be able to confirm!