Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least amount of miles?

Post Thanks / Like

46K on mine. I drive it only in good weather with temps above 50..It's just too much fun to drive so I drive it often. I have a DD that gets the most use and the G8 has a garage home.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

2. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texn884 View Post
    how do you enjoy your car without driving it?...
    A handful of short trips per year are enough for me. It is annoying that my headliner is coming down after so few miles.
    2009 G8 GT, premium, sport, sport red metallic
    Roto-Fab CAI
    MagnaFlow 16887 Street Series cat-back
    Superchips Cortex: RotoFab 91 Octane, 25% TM, AFM off
    and splash guards (that look better than dirt)

Post Thanks / Like

Just turned over 36,000. I caught it just by chance at 35,999 and took a picture. I work from home and only use it for longer "trips" typically, someday I'll probably sell but for now with preschool to pay for and other bills I'm sitting tight.

Oddly the less I drive it the more I seem to like it, I don't get bored with it which was my problem with all my other cars lost to History.
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I look at it like this: I can afford to own a car I seldom drive. Sure, I drive it, but since I work across the street from a concrete plant, I don't drive it to work. My kids are 4 and 6 so car seats or boosters are still necessary and a PITA to swap over. I contemplate selling it all the time but it's paid for and I enjoy it when I get a chance to drive it. Right now, my life is busy with family.
    This is exactly my feeling and I only have a 2 year old. Hell I thought about selling her today, especially since I have another one to drive every day. The only reason I haven't probably done it yet is I can't drive my kid around in a vet.

29k on the storage (original owner) /50k on the DD (second owner from 4.6k).

Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    for now with preschool to pay for and other bills I'm sitting tight.
    Just paid for mine first full year the other day. Unreal how expensive it can be.
    Last edited by jzpiano; 05-31-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    SBM G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport
    1 of 1,111
    2010 GONE Best Stock G8 GT
    2011 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT & Fastest Stock G8 GT
    Mr. April 2011
    2012 GONE Best Mild Mod G8 GT

LR G8 GT '09 Premium + Sport + Sunroof
    1 of 2,717

Post Thanks / Like

I commend you guys for your strong self restraint. Glad you are out there and enjoy knowing that you have these jewels that you are holding back. If I would have had the knowledge to buy two, put one under a cover out in the shop. We have to hope that there is one, or a couple out there, bought exactly for this purpose. This week I read about an early 70's Chevelle with 53 miles on it. Years from now a G8 like this will reveal itself.
    Last edited by TonyKarter; 06-01-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TonyKarter View Post
    I commend you guys for your strong self restraint. Glad you are out there and enjoy knowing that you have these jewels that you are holding back. If I would have had the knowledge to buy two, put one under a cover out in the shop. We have to hope that there is one, or a couple out there, bought exactly for this purpose. Read about an early 70's Chevelle with 53 miles on it the week. Years from now a G8 like this will reveal itself.
    I know of one! It's SUPER RARE and he hasn't even registered it! It was GM's show car (GXP). Has some stupid amount of miles on it. Like 10 or something...

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Knowing what I know now if I could go back I'd buy two and put one up. I cannot think of another car that I could do that to today for similar inflation-adjusted money and it pan out. As Seinfeld said, you guys keep being the masters of your own domain!
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

9. Likes jimmyban, donkeyGT, MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still around 7600. I wanted to get it out more this year but just have been too busy. I initially put about 5-6000 miles on it in the 1st few years then decided to try and keep it to 1k a year...so now i'm even under that mark.
    Last edited by firstdue; 06-06-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    2009.1 Liquid Red GT Premium/Sport w/Sunroof
    Front Plate Delete, Bass mod, Partial Debadge, Cargo Liner & Weathertech Digitalfit floor mats,
    Pat G Tune, GTPprix's Atari Gauge Mod & OEM Bluetooth & VIM, Leather sliding center console cover, Pace Performance Jack Kit and full size spare, Rotofab CAI and rad cover, Mobil 1 Oil cap, GXP axlebacks.

1 of 2717

11. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I put more miles on her in the last 2 years than I did in the previous 3 years combined. (laid off) .. My friends no longer ask.. Ive been doing this with all my previous cars I had. When you have/had other DD especially motorcycles you tend to ride more in the nice weather.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm right at 14,500. It's been paid for since day one. I drive it to cruises and it makes it to a track rental or two a year. Between this and my other toys, my DD gets less than 10,000 a year.