Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: LSA swap complete and runs but codes and engine safety/reduced power (help)

Post Thanks / Like

Default LSA swap complete and runs but codes and engine safety/reduced power (help)

So the car is pretty much buttoned up.

Everything thing is done and Custom Tune from Pat G loaded.

Car starts and runs..... Good oil/fuel pressure and no bad sounds thank goodness

Immediately throws codes and is in reduced power mode.

P0123
    p0222
    po223 -was not on during last start
    p1516 -Was only on during las start
    p2119 - has disappeared during a start

I don't think the car is getting into the tuning and is running rich in reduced power mode...Idle is fair 800-1000 and at the most is will rev to say 1800rpms but that's it.

Possible things it can be...codes obviously point to TB issue

Bad throttle body - seems strange that I am still getting some movement and rpm (I have tried another TB and it didn't help)

Bad LS7 maf - There have been times that it has shown a maf signal on the scanner and times it hasn't (2.7 is the highest it has shown on scanner). I didn't have the pink/black wire swapped at first start up and car wouldn't run. Actually I did have them swapped and then was under the impression the Caspers IAT breakout harness swapped these wires so I swapped them back....bone head move so I swapped them and car started.

Tried the stock maf after changing the tuning parameters and it didn't help.

Bunk caspers harness

I did cut and extend the 6 wires for the TB plug and the gauge wire is a hair bigger. I am confident that all wires are soldered correctly and there wasn't a short as it was heat shrank and loomed....im about to tear that all apart and re do it unless something else jumps out as a problem.

bad cam sensor? ls9 cam, 3 bolt cam sprocket conversion , am I missing something here in the tuning?

Would a vacuum leak cause this? (I don't think I have one as of now)

All grounds connected , Strong battery

????

Could the reduced power be stuck on from initial start with reversed maf wires? (I have HP tuners and clear codes but they come right back,have tried disconnecting ground for an hour)

I'm at a loss and need some guidance and suggestions...I'm basically going to end up going backwards and throwing $$ at parts

Help

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You logging pedal and throttle position/voltages? Do they match (press the pedal Key off, the throttle opens equally?).

Good info here, sounds like a wiring issue to me
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edit: If you ran the LS7 maf without swapping wires around, you sent 5v to the ground on the sensor. Might've fried the sensor out, I honestly couldn't tell you though. But you should be seeing around 2500mhz at an 800 rpm idle . If it's acting strange Id bet on the sensor getting zapped by not having the wires swapped.
    Last edited by gatorayde; 05-30-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
    You logging pedal and throttle position/voltages? Do they match (press the pedal Key off, the throttle opens equally?).

Good info here, sounds like a wiring issue to me
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Edit: If you ran the LS7 maf without swapping wires around, you sent 5v to the ground on the sensor. Might've fried the sensor out, I honestly couldn't tell you though. But you should be seeing around 2500mhz at an 800 rpm idle . If it's acting strange Id bet on the sensor getting zapped by not having the wires swapped.
    Could a zapped maf cause throttle body issues and reduced power codes?

Post Thanks / Like

It might be but I can't say for sure. Do you have any logs of it running, and one of the engine-off key-on throttle changes? If you unplug the MAF, clear codes, and turn the key on does it throw codes? Id also triple check you have the throttle blade wiring correct to rule that out

Edit: I've never found any wiring diagrams, but I'd be curious if the TB and MAF share a reference voltage circuit from the PCM. If they do, it might've zapped that circuit on the pcm, possibly. I'm just spit balling some ideas though. I think if it was an ecu issue it wouldn't start at all or have some other issues.
    Last edited by gatorayde; 05-30-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pvc leak from valve cover or sc actuator not routed correct

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    Pvc leak from valve cover or sc actuator not routed correct
    Could that cause all the issues?

I plumbed the catch can based on what I have found here as well as setting up the actuator.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

the part that says vacum should go to the part that says cap this port, then pull vacum from the part that you had the vacum going to

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley