Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Taking the license plate Bracket off sons 2017 camaro ss

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking the license plate Bracket off sons 2017 camaro ss

HI all,

My son had a new grill put on yesterday at the dealer for the red line edition and he told the sales guy not to put the plate holder on but
    guess what the money in back put it on

It is on with riviots and I have looked online you drill them out very carefully!

Anyone have experience with this ??
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Be very careful if you drill them out. They get hot and the bumper cover is plastic and will melt. I know. If I were to do it again, I'd take a dremmel with a cutting disc and cut the head off a little at a time to let it cool off.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markmsf3 View Post
    Yes. Be very careful if you drill them out. They get hot and the bumper cover is plastic and will melt. I know. If I were to do it again, I'd take a dremmel with a cutting disc and cut the head off a little at a time to let it cool off.
    Looks like the rivot head is below is below the grill on tow of them.

Son was pissed off when he got back last night. I guess its a project for the weekend
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I would tell the f'in dealer to fix it since they did not follow orders.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

5. Likes -Ray-, MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    i know the bastards

Post Thanks / Like

My son called the local chevy store and and they said they would take it off for free Saturday

8. Likes Executor999, MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Exactly! I told my dealer 8 years ago if I see my front plate bracket installed and its been detailed you can keep the G8. They made sure they listened to me but they washed it and buffed out the trunk for predelivery.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    Exactly! I told my dealer 8 years ago if I see my front plate bracket installed and its been detailed you can keep the G8. They made sure they listened to me but they washed it and buffed out the trunk for predelivery.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    the monkeys they have working there love to fuck up a vehicle just because

Post Thanks / Like

Try to hold the back of the river with pliers if you can.
    It will spin.
    No need to drill the entire way through. Just past the cap and tap it out the back.
    Keep cool with water as you drill.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

took it to the local Chevy dealer and within 1 minute it was gone!

Sweet

13. Likes MongosG8 liked this post