Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Tuners in Connecticut

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuners in Connecticut

Has anyone had any experience with tuning by either Jannety Racing or J&M Motorsports in Conn.. Got my car set up for a tune now, Kooks Mids, Green Cats and solo cat back with Rotofab. Got the downstream o2 sensor check engine light as the cats dont heat up fast enough for the standard ECM programming. The shop is an hour away and easy to get to. If anyone has any feed back let me know, they seem to be popular with the 5th Gen Camaro's and do LS tuning.

Just need thoughts

Thanks
    08 GT MGM Onyx/Red Premium
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    Kook Mids, Green Cats and Solo Mach Unbalanced
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler
    Tuned by East Coast Superchargers

Post Thanks / Like

I heard good things about Jannety Racing in Waterbury. But everyone has their own opinion. Theres many shops around here and I get a lot of mixed reviews all the time.

If you dont mind going out of your way I really recommend Slowhawk Performance Inc. in Bridgewater Mass. Heard many good things about them and I know people who used them with happy results
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't let Jannety tune my Cub Cadet. He worked on (cam and tune allegedly making 495hp) a buddy's 5th Gen Camaro that prior to the work was running 12.10-12.20. after the work, it could only muster 12.50's. I was beating him with my bolt on G8.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, based on another recommendation, heard East Coast Superchargers does good work, ANy thoughts? And going to do a true street tune and not a mail order one. Car gets hooked up, driven and logged, then updated based on what the car actually did.
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like

There's also Pro Edge Tuning in Wallingford, CT.

http://proedgetuning.com/

Know a few guys that have gone to them for work/tuning, they've been perfectly happy with what was done.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Ended up doing a street tune at East Coast Superchargers in NJ. Driveability is a whole new world with throttle response, overall power spread, shifting etc.... Worth every bit of coin spent. I had a good baseline to see before and after as it was a 90 mile trip to get there and then a 90 mile trip back. Night and day difference.
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler

7. Likes -Ray-, MongosG8 liked this post