Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Pacesetter longtubes install

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Pacesetter longtubes install

Just ordered my Pacesetter longtubes from Maryland speed today. I also got the flange extensions and 02 extensions. Will I need anything else to get these installed? I Am currently running spintech axle backs and gxp mid. I'm pretty stoked to get these on the car!! It has a good sound now but am hoping it will be louder with a nice rumble

Post Thanks / Like

The flange extensions did not fit my Pacesetters so I had to use a flange flaring tool to expand them until they fit. After much work - they luckily fit without leaks. Also, I only needed the O2 extension on the driver side.

The only other thing I needed was some greased plastic sheathing to fit between the driver side header and the steering column to facilitate installation from above without scratching the header or loosening the steering column.

JAM
    Last edited by JAM; 05-06-2017 at 05:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't planning on a smooth install so hopefully I can make them work

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, almost forgot, I had to reduce the length on one side (forget which) by just over an inch for fit. After installation the tips still protruded an additional 2 inches on each side.

JAM

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the flanges had to be cut down on mine, the rest went on easy