Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: keyfob and remote start

Post Thanks / Like

Default keyfob and remote start

ok i've had this happen several times and cant figure out why. But if i remote start the G8 and minutes later come back to use and try to unlock it nothing will happen. I cant open the trunk either or lock the car. Tried on both fobs and nothing works. if i hit the remote start button to turn the engine off then the buttons will work again and i can unlock or open the trunk. doesnt happen all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

that's a new one. so to start you are having to press lock first - then start - and car starts. Exterior corner lights are on, engine running.

If you take key and go to door lock and turn the lock with the key - what does the car do?

when you press any other button on the fob, with car running - what does it do - how far away are you.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    that's a new one. so to start you are having to press lock first - then start - and car starts. Exterior corner lights are on, engine running.

If you take key and go to door lock and turn the lock with the key - what does the car do?

when you press any other button on the fob, with car running - what does it do - how far away are you.
    i can unlock the car with the key but it will set the alarm off. nothing happens when pressing any button. i can walk around the car and it wont unlock. BUT if i depress remote start then the car shuts off and then the buttons work. did it again this morning.