Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Tpms system fault

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tpms system fault

Just got my gt out for the summer I got a tpms system fault. In engineering mode I have no reading on all 4 sensors. They are original sensors from 2009. I would imagine the batteries might have failed. Any opinions and maybe part numbers or sources for new sensors would be welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

You could try and unhook your negative terminal on the battery let it set for 15 to 30 minutes and reconnect. Mine does this every time I unhook the battery. After about 30 minutes of running they come back to life. If that does nothing then you could be right about the TPMS batteries taking a poop. I can't give you a source since the guy I got my TPMS sensors from is no longer in business.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Replaced sensors on a 08 truck a couple years ago so I wouldn't screw around and just have them replaced on the G8.

Oh, originally ordered a set of Dormans for the truck. 2 out of 4 were doa so just paid for the ones the shop had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tabboo View Post
    Just got my gt out for the summer I got a tpms system fault. In engineering mode I have no reading on all 4 sensors. They are original sensors from 2009. I would imagine the batteries might have failed. Any opinions and maybe part numbers or sources for new sensors would be welcome.
    What did you do with this? Mine just faulted today. Always did it for my winter wheels for obvious reasons, but did it on stock wheels tonight. Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a big deal if you know how to check air pressure in your tires. Personally, I'd fix the problem when I bought new tires.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    It's not a big deal if you know how to check air pressure in your tires. Personally, I'd fix the problem when I bought new tires.
    I just find the light wildly obnoxious. Is it a difficult fix? Or fairly straightforward?

Post Thanks / Like

it's often the sensors are dead.

go into engineering mode or use a scanner - and check your tire pressures. what you will probably find is one or more of your tire pressures will read something absurd like 87 or 120 psi. when it does out completely it maxes out at 148.

Mine bounced around a few times before faulting for good. iE with some miles on a morning start - it would come back inline and act right - stop for a few hours - faulted out RR again. rolling charges the battery a bit.

finally it died out completely.

I ended up getting the sensor replaced - 62 dollars at discount tire. other places wanted closer to 120+. They all use some cheap non-oem sensor unless you ask for one and then it has to be ordered just about. so I'd have been screwed there too. I think they used the VDO branded ones. takes a relearn-recalibration set to fix it. and done.
    Last edited by Napalm; 09-05-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PantherGT View Post
    I just find the light wildly obnoxious. Is it a difficult fix? Or fairly straightforward?
    Go to your local tire place and have them rebuild the sensor. You have to pay for a tire R&R and what ever the sensor rebuild kit is.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.