Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 78/75 turbo build

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Im not even frustrated anymore, it's just comical at this point. Had to shim the rad so high up the charge pipe hits the hood, so I will be notching the frame afterall. Or if anyone around Phoenix has a TIG welder, I will buy beer/pizza to re-weld the filler neck on the rad. Good news is the cold side is pressure tested up to 20psi at least.

And FWIW, Cold case got back to me and said basically: "some G8's have fitment issues while most of them don't".

Post Thanks / Like

sucks....

gremlins buddy we will get them figured out one of these days...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Motor mounts are almost done. Just need to mill the flats and drill/tap the lower studs

4. Likes travis gore, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
    Motor mounts are almost done. Just need to mill the flats and drill/tap the lower studs

Did you turn those? If so, great job.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, thanks man

7. Likes travis gore, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I'm a retired application engineer from Mitutoyo.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Right on man, any chance you can hook it up with some discounted calipers? Haha. I run cnc's for a living but there's still something about turning handles that I still really enjoy. My box is 95% mitutoyo right now, I love their tools. Only thing that isn't I think, is my 1-2" mic. My 8" digital calipers are pretty chewed up, I used to do a lot of carbide grinding work/measuring. The next "big" buy will be some coolant proof 0-8" calipers.

On a side note, I bought some knockoff Mituchoyo 0-6" caipers on ebay for ~$30, and the quality is actually surprising. They work great for general loose tolerance work, and it's not as cringy when they hit the floor and get knocked .001 or .002 out of calibration lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 78/75 turbo build

Nice job on the motor mounts. I am looking at going to school in Tempe for CNC programming. We will see if you can really teach an old dog new tricks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by travis gore; 06-05-2017 at 02:30 AM.
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, and that's awesome, what school/programs are you looking at? Is this your first time dabbling in machining?

Im on the opposite side of the valley but Ive also been looking around for a good CAM/CNC course. I program long hand right now, but Im really itching to get into Fusion or Mastercam.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 78/75 turbo build

Quote Originally Posted by gatorayde View Post
    Right on man, any chance you can hook it up with some discounted calipers? Haha. I run cnc's for a living but there's still something about turning handles that I still really enjoy. My box is 95% mitutoyo right now, I love their tools. Only thing that isn't I think, is my 1-2" mic. My 8" digital calipers are pretty chewed up, I used to do a lot of carbide grinding work/measuring. The next "big" buy will be some coolant proof 0-8" calipers.

On a side note, I bought some knockoff Mituchoyo 0-6" caipers on ebay for ~$30, and the quality is actually surprising. They work great for general loose tolerance work, and it's not as cringy when they hit the floor and get knocked .001 or .002 out of calibration lol.
    I spent more time with surface roughness, roundness and contour. When you are ready to buy I can call the regional manager and see if I can get the distributor to discount for you
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT