Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Monroe PPVs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monroe PPVs

On rockauto under the caprice they have the Monroe 553016 HD ppv strut. They have it for $80 and amazon has it for $97. But at rockauto under that monroe 553016 strut it lists alternate part numbers and 92263478 is that number. Rocksuto shows that number as the regular ppv strut and search that number at amazon and that strut is $68. So is the Monroe HDppv strut that much different than the ac delco 92263478 strut?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing we know for certain is the Monroe branded version comes with a lifetime warranty. Monroe makes the AcDelco branded one, and they are externally identical. There's been "talk" of putting them on a shock dyno to compare, but I haven't happened to see any results.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

i just bought the monroe strut for the front left but if there isnt any difference then i will probably get the ac delco front right for the $68 instead of the monroe $97.

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I've actually bought 2 full sets. One of each brand. I intend to use the Monroe's. If they have replacements available when the time comes, I'll take advantage of their lifetime warranty and try to sell off the AcDelco set at that point. If not, I'll then use the cheaper AcDelco set. My experience with Monroe and replacement availability has only one instance. They stopped making the line I bought for an old car a mere 5 years after the car's redesign. So if I pushed for replacements I'd get their softer, base suspension set. On the chance that I may not be able to get a new set after these wear out, I bought two.

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Just a question about the warranty on struts. It only covers defects correct If it wears out they would not replace it would they?

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

They would.

Winter-wear: