Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Strut bolt/nut sizes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strut bolt/nut sizes

What sizes are the bolts that attach the strut to the knuckle and also the top nut? I wanna make sure i have those sizes before i tear into it. So is there 2 top nuts?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you're looking for the actual bolt sizes or the wrench sizes, but the bolts that attach the strut to the knuckle are M14x1.5x55. The bolt head is 19mm wrench size and the nut is 22mm. There are two top nuts. One holds the strut in the car and the other holds the strut assembly together. The top nuts are both M16x1.5 and a 24mm wrench size. You also need a 10mm wrench or socket to hold the top of the strut rod and keep it from spinning.

If you're looking for replacements, I used Pedders 4306 which gives you new strut-to-knuckle bolts and the nut that holds the strut together for one side (you'd need two kits for the whole car.) I just reused the upper top nut that holds the strut in the car. The Pedders bolts use 19mm wrenches for both the nut and the bolt head.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

3. Thanks Rubberman thanked for this post
    Likes donkeyGT liked this post