Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member

Good morning
    No I am not a new member,but it feels like it. I guess that you could say I was burnt out on the G ride. I have had a lot of fun with that car. More importantly I have made some really great friends with the car. Many more acquaintances as well. Everyone that I have meet through the GRRRR8 has really been awesome!
    It was really weird, how can a guy get the car where he wanted and just stop caring? Still searching for that answer lol.
    I do have a good guess. I am CHEAP! I have a butt load of $ in a car that is worth about 1/2 of what I can sell it for.
    I have had the car for sale lately. I did not post the sale in this forum because I really don't want to sell.
    I have had some issues at work,and was going to sell the G8 to give me a cushion to find another job.
    I still have not resolved the issues at work and I am on a 30 day suspension. However I have decided to keep the G8.
    So for some crazy reason I have began to show interest in the car again. I am needing a man pedal now! They way I figure it is. It will be cheaper than buying a 6M SS. I really can't and will not take on another car payment.
    Speaking of car payments last month my wife's daughter totaled out my wife's 2015 Kia Sportage. I drove the G8 for about 2 weeks. My wife drove the Torrent. We bought the Torrent brand new and it is beat up. I have a grandson that shared the Torrent with me. He trashed out the car. I did not really care because I only drive 5 miles a day to work and the gas station. She did not last long " that car is nasty,I feel like I need a shower after driving it "
    She is now driving a GMC Terrain. I was like cool we will buy an American car. Last weekend I detailed the GMC. On the drivers door there is a sticker that says. Made with pride in Canada. Well shit so much for buying an American car lol.
    I am still not sure about work right now. I am still a little optimistic that we can resolve these issues,but at this point it is not looking very good. I have not looked for a job in 28 years!!
    My wife is pushing me to leave Indiana. I am not good with change nor I am not good with out a plan.
    She would like to move to Arizona. She can transfer to Phoenix/Chandler/Scottsdale. I have reached out to some contacts in the spa industry to get a job with the spa company in Chandler. We are seriously considering it. She has always wanted to move to Arizona. She says she feels like something is there for her. I have been bitching for the last few years about winter. I hate the cold and every year it gets worse. So now would be the time to move if there ever was one. Like I said I hate change,but it is something I must do. If you could just keep me in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate that. I have come to learn that if was meant to be it will workout. I have worked in manufacturing my entire adult life. I have been a manager for 20 years and to be honest. I am done with that shit. I would just like to punch a time clock,do an honest days work,and go the fuck home and not worry about anything but my life.
    Enough rambling from me. For those who know me this post was not easy for me. I am not one who airs their problems. I am really an introvert.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

2. Likes Kermit, -Ray-, TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! ;-)

Travis anyone who's on here from way back probably feels very similar about their car, with a few DD exceptions.

Hadn't worked in the garage in a few months. Yesterday we had a pretty heavy, wet snow fall (about 5" or so) and whereas I had wiped the windshield of the truck, I hadn't wiped the roof. When I got to my destination, I pulled up and stopped. As I stopped, the roof dumped down onto the windshield, and at that moment the wipers were also mid stroke on their way up. I heard a pop, and that was that. When I got home I found the transmission linkage to the motor had popped out. Took a bit of time and busted out a tap/die, a nylon bushing, and a stainless steel screw. I groaned when the linkage broke, but I loved the excuse to get back in the garage and put my hands and mind to work.

I don't have the duration of management experience as you, but I did manage at Best Buy for 7 years, 3 of which was being the store General Manager. I can appreciate the feeling of being burned out on extra responsibilities that being responsible for other people or entire tasks can generate. I hope you find something that works out for you. I saw your post about Phoenix. Coming from the midwest, I think you would absolutely love it. Really a pretty incredible place. I missed it in the other thread, but yes there's a very active car culture there, mostly because of the beautiful weather.

The midwest winter is an, ahem, special thing. Coming from St Louis to Colorado, I enjoy the winter more here - it's usually pretty quick, there are tons of beautiful days mixed in, and the summers are just beautiful without stifling humidity. In St Louis you had five months of overcast slush and ice, followed by seven months of rain and 100deg heat with 100% humidity. Nasty.

If you're considering moving, I would strongly consider that move regardless of if you resolve your work problems. Making a change is always difficult (especially for an introvert!), and if your mind is already half way there, I'd jump at the chance.

Good to see you post.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words. St.Louis and Indy is about the same weather. I did contact a Spa manufacturer in Chandler. I had a good conversation with HR. I sent them my resume. We wife has already picked out the house that she wants :-) it is on a golf course so I am good with that! I agree my mind is more than 1/2 way there. After talking with this company and my wife I really don't want to go back to my current situation.
    Wish me luck. Ian going for it. I think this will be good for my wife and I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're back! Stuck In Michigan with a 6 month driving season can understand how you sometimes feel about the car.
    Sounds like you have a good plan going.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

6. Likes travis gore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New member.... I just replied to your other post. PM me if you would like to talk about AZ. I'm not an expert about all the areas but I have been there a lot.

PBM #608 of 888 -- All Stock!

8. Likes travis gore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi old new member.
    The wife and I are currently looking for a place in the Scottsdale area but just as snow birds. Winters here in MI can be brutal and the older I get the deeper in the bones it gets.
    I can relate somewhat to the work thing. Spent 35 years at a large office furniture company (Steelcase Inc.) about 33 of those years I was constantly being pressured to get into management..punched a clock for all 35 and not once did I regret it. Safe travels Travis.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

10. Likes travis gore, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

donkeyGT sounds like you are from Grand Rapids. We have looked on line at some houses. Mesa seems to be a good spot.

12. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    Glad you're back! Stuck In Michigan with a 6 month driving season can understand how you sometimes feel about the car.
    Sounds like you have a good plan going.
    The wife applied today and they have already called her. Hopefully we will both fly down soon for interviews.

14. Likes TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After talking with HR and sending my resume. It took 8 minutes for the plant manger to ask when I was going to be there.

16. Likes -Ray-, STL_G8GT, TooManyHobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, since the drive is farther now, we have to meet at Henry's in El Paso.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.