Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advise to keep front side blinker light always on . Any ideas ?

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go against any blue, red, purple, etc colors. Police, fire, emergency, etc have the only legal use.

I personally don't care for the halos and all that which people do and drive with. My friend received a fine for his annoying "blue" fog lamps

If you stay with a white or amber you will be fine with whatever way you choose.

I did that to my old Volvos. The fender marker was not a US option, but I added it and wired them to stay on, and activate with the turn signal as well.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chevybernie View Post
    Thank you for answering.
    I thought, only in germany is it so extremely. For example: in the 90´s i had a 82´Pontiac Trans Am. In USA Corvettes C4 and others had on roof a third brake light and i would install such a part in my car. No chance. The control office ( in germany TÜV) said it is not enable, because other drivers can think there comes a train and it is forbidden. One year later it was allowed and suddenly a big part for security. Now if it doesn´t light, you have a problem. Now on my G8 are wheels 265/45 front and 285/45 back , but not in the car papers. I drove to TÜV and asked if they can write it in the papers. I have opinions for the alloy wheels Schnitzer for BMW( fits G8), opinion for the tires and wheel spacers. All extra for front and back. No chance. Opinion must be for G8, or i must buy american wheels that fit. The new problem: american have no opinion and no letters for capacity poured or taken in. Now i driv illegal too.
    There are select companies who will have SAE and TÜV approvals. The key is just having them state the vehicle on the purchase and their docs / receipts.

My friend had this when he moved to Germany and took his Nissan Maxima - Full ECE spec headlamps, fender markers, rear fog lamp addition etc. That was an expensive mess, but his company paid it at the time as well. The fees associated to convert were more than the damn car was worth!
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T