Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Strut question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strut question

I'm planning on getting some Eibac springs and some new struts. Car has about 83k miles so i don't want to replace the springs with the stock shocks. Just wanna find a decent cheap shock and strut to replace them with. Yes I've searched on here lol

Post Thanks / Like

PPV's, monroes, Pedders, or Konis.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

PPVs are $250 a set. They really tighten the wheel control nicely, feels sucked down to the road compared to fe2s. Ripped out my fe2s at 25k. They were crap from the beginning. (Highway float a year from the factory, really?!)

Just saw in another forum someone say he had both fe3s and PPVs and felt they were the same. I heard earlier that others thought the PPVs were stiffer than fe3s. So that's how they bench mark against fe3s.

Post Thanks / Like

lovells also.

but yes I'd use either the FE3's or the PPV set with a stronger spring. I say that on this assumption you are using a koni lowering spring. thus you should use a damper that will be able to deal with the stiffer spring rate.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Where do y'all purchase these at. And is there anything else I need when changing springs and struts and shocks. I'm getting eibac springs and I guess one of these shocks/ struts

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my PPV's off of Amazon and I got the Whiteline bushings from Maryland Speed.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Jet.com. I've had good luck finding deals there, including a set of PPVs.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the FE3's are available anymore unless someone has NOS.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I don't think the FE3's are available anymore unless someone has NOS.
    Executor999(Dan) did his homework on the FE3's Chewy..as of now struts yes available rear shocks no unless you want to pay about $200ish for shipping from Oz. If I remember my quote was $220.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS