Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Ctsv2?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ctsv2?

I was hoping someone with some knowledge may can help me. I have what I believe to be CTSV2 brakes on the g8 and need to change both brakes and rotors. I'm assuming I get the pads for CTSV2 and rotors for G8? Is there any difference in doing these than on any other car with pads? Thanks in advance for any insight!

Debo2000

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Debo2000 View Post
    I was hoping someone with some knowledge may can help me. I have what I believe to be CTSV2 brakes on the g8 and need to change both brakes and rotors. I'm assuming I get the pads for CTSV2 and rotors for G8? Is there any difference in doing these than on any other car with pads? Thanks in advance for any insight!

Debo2000
    No you need both pads and rotors(14") for V1(if the front calipers are 4 piston and look like the rears). If the fronts are 6 pot then you need V2 pads which are larger then the V1 4 piston. V2 front rotors are also 15" instead of 14". The rears on both V1/2 are 4 piston so same size calipers and rotors/pads...
    Changing the rotors/pads isn't bad. Make sure to get the pin kit if your new pads don't come with them already. Make sure to flush with fresh dot4 then bleed correctly and follow proper bed in procedure.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. Likes Nokturnalg8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply now I'm more nervous than before.

5. Likes lVloses liked this post