Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coilover help

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have looked at the HR's but for $200 more I prefer the Pedders.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Been down the pedders xa coilovers road. They rode ok, I liked the height adjustable. Then one of the rears leaked, I will not buy coilovers for a G8 again. Pedders XA had a history years back of the rears failing. Pedders said a revision was done, I had the revised version. Regardless, Coilover sets are easy to come buy, individual units- not so. In my case timing was poor, as pedders pete went belly up and pedders left the US. I contacted BC, to get a single rear shock was 75% or so of a set. When H&R arrived, I asked warranty questions - do you have to send back dead one, can I get a single replacement - the vendors would not answer -which was a answer. Perhaps Pedder's return has changed since they came back.

BTW, my failed unit had only couple thousand mile on it, run only in summer.

Ultimately, I went with Eibachs, simply because if a shock leaks, I can readily get a replacement from multiple sources.

Caveat Emptor
    9.5 RPM (Red Passion Metallic)
    Sport /Premium
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"-Red Green

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to read about your issues jcmGT. I have found that they are saying 2 years on the warranty...what that warranty exactly means I will find out when I get a return email.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a return email from the Brand Manager at Pedders (quick response was nice) 2 years/24K mile defect warranty. He also said he has not heard of any warranty claims since they came back to the US. They also have just the shock inserts on hand so down the road you can just replace that component.
    Thank you all for the input.
    Xa's ordered.

5. Likes -Ray- liked this post