Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Most popular Superchips Cortex 2950 tuning option choices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most popular Superchips Cortex 2950 tuning option choices

Tomorrow I will receive an unlocked Cortex 2950 I bought from another G8 GT guy in Ohio. I'm a complete noob when it comes to tuning. I don't track my car (although one of these days I might get in a few runs just to see what it can do) and it is normally my daily driver. I'd like to get its best performance out of it without doing anything too crazy. Its only mods are a Spectre CAI (identical to a K&N Typhoon), a ported TB, Solo hi-flow cats, and a Solo axleback. I normally run 87 octane but would pop for 89 if the tune for that is thought to be beneficial. SO... what are the most popular different tune choices available with a 2950 that most people with similar cars choose???
    2009 SRM GT: Cortex tuned, Spectre Intake, VMAX ported TB, Solo HFC's, X-pipe, Solo axle-back, a few bling pieces under the hood, Billet Custom catch can, Holden radiator cover, "SV6" wing spoiler, GXP diffuser, rear window roof spoiler, "PONTIAC" 3rd brake light insert, Holden V8/6.0 Liter badges, Holden chrome trunk strip, VG shark fin, All-Fit Auto lower front lip, drilled & slotted rotors, painted calipers, Ultra-guage, custom-made "dead pedal".

Post Thanks / Like

I think K+N is one of the tunes you can buy from SC, they're cheap. Then I'd use the 91 or 93 octane tune, leave shifts at stock, increase top speed, I left AFM on for now, and have torque management set at 50%. All the stuff is easy to change. You can play around with it and see what you like best.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

Rotofab Intake tune, 93 octane, AFM disabled (exhaust), Torque management 100% (goes up to 150%), everything else is Superchips value.