Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead

Post Thanks / Like

Original owner here! Still check here mostly daily and definitely first stop for any G8 questions. It is sad to see the forum slow but like everyone here has already said, it's getting to be an older car and most folks do move on to something new eventually. They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead fingers for all I care lol. (Can't believe Nate is trying to sell his car though. Didn't see a price.)

And also, the damn FB group is ridiculous. Was on there for a while but couldn't stand it. Just not the kind of car people I like to associate with. I'm sure there are some good folks on there too, but the ratio of good to bad has got to be like 90% idiots
    09 PBM G8 GT
    Livernois Stage 1c Cam (218/229 117LSA), Ported Heads & Valve job, Ported TB & Intake Manifold,
    DOD Delete, Kooks Mid-Length Headers, Corsa, Roto-Fab CAI,
    Pedders SuperCar Coilovers with some BMR & Spohn mixed in,
    Lots of Holden parts

2. Likes MongosG8, -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello? I'm still here, just haven't posted much.. not much done to the car since 2011. As someone else intimated, it's just a matter of attrition with the age of these cars now. I'm still enjoying mine and I always leave open the possibility of further mods.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CommodoreG8 View Post
    Original owner here! Still check here mostly daily and definitely first stop for any G8 questions. It is sad to see the forum slow but like everyone here has already said, it's getting to be an older car and most folks do move on to something new eventually. They'll have to pry mine from my cold dead fingers for all I care lol. (Can't believe Nate is trying to sell his car though. Didn't see a price.)

And also, the damn FB group is ridiculous. Was on there for a while but couldn't stand it. Just not the kind of car people I like to associate with. I'm sure there are some good folks on there too, but the ratio of good to bad has got to be like 90% idiots
    Yup. I met a new SS owner the other day and welcomed her to the club and her bf went on FB and told his world I was rude.
    People.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

This is a way to get some posts!

I'm still around.. don't get on here every day like I used to but at least once every couple weeks. This is the only G8 forum now I visit.. another one had changed my password and I didn't have the effort to figure out how to reset it. I only have time for one and this is the forum I choose.
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Another original owner here, not big on posting (obviously), but I read the forum EVERY day. My car has been sleeping since before Thanksgiving (like every winter since new), but I find myself looking into topics that weren't applicable up until recently. Not maintenance either! Considering some extra power, and an LSA has me interested (although I don't know how long GM will have parts available), as does a cam swap- something RCR/Little Lunati but still retaining AFM is where I am leaning.

Test drove a used M6 SS. Liked it, but not the ask. For a fraction of what I'd spend on the SS, the G8 could be a BEAST. And still a Pontiac.

Let's hope the G8 doesn't end up like IROC's did. I had two of them, and raced everything possible with them. Once you get to 2nd and 3rd owners, mullets and gold chains are the norm.
    Last edited by 52WASP; 02-08-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    2009.1 G8 GT MSM, Sport & Premium
    Creature Comfort:
    19" spare & Pace jack kit, autodim mirror, visor light mod, pass seat slider fix, subwoofer mod, Homelink visor (by Snakey),
    XM & OnStar out/CoStar BLUESTAR in

Show:
    debadged except GM chicklets, custom GXP front fascia, GXP rear diffuser, Holden Center Caps

Go/Whoa:
    VMS ECM/TCM tune, Vararam, HSRK, ARH 1-3/4" LTH, HFCs into stock mufflers, Mobil 1, Pedders Street 1 kit, front Brembo's, PPV struts & shocks

[U] Stuff waiting patiently for installation [U]
    LSA Supercharger (base), Rear PPV shocks, Rear Brembo's, Russell rear brake lines, Staggered Camaro 20's with Holden centers, Morimoto HID's, wireless Aux input for tunes off of the cell phone.

PB: 13.468 @104.4 tune & Vararam

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GXPaycheck View Post
    Yup. I met a new SS owner the other day and welcomed her to the club and her bf went on FB and told his world I was rude.
    People.
    You rude...? Never, that's my job.
    2019 Volkswagen GTI Rabbit
    2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT

Post Thanks / Like

I check these forums also, but don't post much as I haven't modded the G8 any lately.
    I've been working on my Mach 1 mustang project.

However I am planning on adding nitrous to the G8 and hitting up Rick Crawford to borrow his drag pack! LOL!
    2008 G8 GT - Liquid Red - Sport Premium
    Rick Crawford Built! 11.0's @ 122mph.
    Dominator Cam, H-E Series Head Port/Mill/Flowed, throttle body, intake & tune, headers, 3.45 gears, Circle D, E85.

Instagram - TTSaleen
    Youtube - www.youtube.com/98saleen

Post Thanks / Like

Well this is my annual visit, still got the car, pushing 138,000 miles now and still runs great and hasn't lost any speed at all in fact i think if anything she's faster now than when new. Last thing I did was put a ram air on which made a huge difference.
    2009 Liquid Red G8 GT, Stealth VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Vararam Ram Air, VMS HSRK, Front Panel Mod, axle-back straight pipes with capped Helmholtz chamber.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also still here and check in at least a few times a week. Original owner of #608, which is currently resting for the winter in my Mother-in-law's garage. Just bought a place in Scottsdale....the G8 will move there soon to enjoy the rest of its life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PBM #608 of 888 -- All Stock!

11. Likes -Ray- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sold my G8 five years ago. I still visit regularly but don't post much. Hopefully one day soon I'll be able to get back in the game.
    -----------------------
    11.350 @ 118.66 / 1.57 60ft [300 DA]

RPM tune, PatG cam, FAST 102, L92 heads ported by Greg Good, Kooks 1 7/8 headers,
    RotoFab 102mm CAI, LS3 maf, UDP, JBA wires, Meziere water pump, SJM linelock,
    Circle D 3600, 3.27 diff with Truetrac, GForce HD axles, Pedders bushings, Spohn trailing arms,
    Camaro rims on the street & CCWs at the track....... SOLD

Looking for a 00-02 Camaro SS with A4