Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to do my Own Oil & Filter changing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to do my Own Oil & Filter changing

Well, after the dumb fucks at the local oil change place I had been going to for years and the last time the dope dragged the air hose all over the ass and right side of the Rat and scratched the paint and I came UN Screwed at them when they said whats the problem dude!

I have the oil and just need to waste oil catch can and need a filter and filter wrench which Ill get those two things tomorrow at Auto Zone.

http://www.autozone.com/shop-and-gar...questid=314696

http://www.autozone.com/shop-and-gar...questid=315276

Since i am doing that I'll rotate the tires again and save some $$ and not get my car fucked up again.

Any suggestions
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

It's easy. I'm doing mine too this weekend along with the differential fluid and the transmission fluid with a Camaro pan and wide mouth filter. I'm rotating the tires too while I have it in the air. I went to my muffler shop guy and we put it on the rack to see what I needed. I was planning on a full cat back from Solo, but decided on just axlebacks for now. I plan on dod delete, cam, and headers in the future and I just found out Scott Taylor from Street Outlaws New Orleans just bought a dyno and is getting it set up in his shop and is going to start dyno tuning. Looks like I'll have him do my engine work and tune since we live in the same town.
    Last edited by Markmsf3; 02-02-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

3. Likes texn884 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions: make sure capture pan is big enough to hold 9 quarts before pulling the plug. pick up a new pan plug if you haven't changed it before. Show the ls some love with quality oil and filter. And, above all else don't under-fill new oil.

But yeah, it's super easy.
    09 White Hot G8 GT
    Tuned by Rick Crawford
    Kooks, Circle-D, Vararam, HSRK, BP catch can, RP oil
    DBA 4000, Hawk Ceramic, Russel Stanless, Ate Super Blue,
    FE3, Whiteline, BMR, UMI, Spohn

Homelink, Adams Premium, Infinity Reference

5. Likes MongosG8, ClarkWGriswald1, texn884 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Penzoil Ultra synthetic 10 quarts only need 9 and Ill get a long life filter
    The pan is a 16qt so lots of extra space

What kind of filter remover is recommended?
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the best filter "wrench" for our cars.

You can buy them individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

8. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    This is the best filter "wrench" for our cars.

You can buy them individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

If you need a filter wrench somebody overtightened the filter.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    If you need a filter wrench somebody overtightened the filter.
    true but seeing those monkeys at the oil change place you never know

Post Thanks / Like

I remember when I was managing a Penske Truck Leasing shop I was helping a tech get a filter off and I was using a 6' cheater bar up top as the guy was under neath and it took us 30 minutes to get it off that filter was on so fucking tight

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for ideas yet..I use this to catch my oil, it is just big enough to hold all of it and low profile. I then have a small 5 gallon steel drum I dump it into until I get to the local landfill.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/behr.../0000000053321

'09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

14. Likes texn884 liked this post