Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback on service

Post Thanks / Like

We have a guy here an hour or so away from him that can street tune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    I've always called Livernois. I've been there several times. Very clean and great equipment. For me, I would find someone that can street tune your car though.
    Ray who would use in Indiana?

Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference in a street tune? Livernois uses there own proprietary software I know. Do they lock it? Sorry I don't have much experience on what makes the tunes better then one another. Looking for someone that knows their way around our brand.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe they lock yes! They look at it as proprietary data.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    You emailed Livernois? They're usually Johnny on the spot! Adams customer service has always been second to none.
    Hello Chewy, I just received there quotes, WOW! sticker shock...I requested two Builds one for just the DOD and head work. The second build was for build 1 plus a 2300 setup. Build one was about 1k over budget, and Build 2 came in at 3k over budget. I'd like to get another quote or two then its time to make a decide, otherwise I'll let it set. Last year I only put 380 miles on the car. Some things they added that I didn't think about was an re-alignment, my guess is because when they drop the tank to add a fuel pump it needs rear tire alignment. Also they added Camaro trailing arms and toe rods to support the rear, makes since. I already have these installed forgot to let them know that. Lastly they added a Moroso Trans pan, that looks deeper then my upgrade pan I added a few years ago after the 3200 TQ was installed.

Post Thanks / Like

You get what you pay for! My quote from them was like 19g's!!! I ended up selling the GT and buying the GXP. If all you want is a DOD delete use the guy that just did a local guys car here in the QC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mooredata View Post
    Hello Chewy, I just received there quotes, WOW! sticker shock...I requested two Builds one for just the DOD and head work. The second build was for build 1 plus a 2300 setup. Build one was about 1k over budget, and Build 2 came in at 3k over budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    You get what you pay for! My quote from them was like 19g's!!!
    Livernois pricing is insane. I have no idea where they find people misinformed enough to use them. Years ago I got a price from them to have a Heartbeat supercharger installed. No other work, just the blower. Their price, just for the blower, was almost as much as my forged 417 (which I already had at the time) and the AGP twin turbo kit I now have, COMBINED! I still have the emails back and forth with them. They are hyersterical. I even got Magnuson involved and they were at a loss to explain it. They did me a favor as I couldn't be happier with what I have now. From their outrageous pricing to their sophomoric naming of their parts, they have become a punchline to the well informed enthusiast.

8. Likes donkeyGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the guys car here getting its base and then street tune done today. Sounds great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mooredata View Post
    Ray who would use in Indiana?
    Hoosier Street Cars, Mike Norris.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Ray.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post