Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "updated style" strut bushings vs SuperPro

Post Thanks / Like

Default "updated style" strut bushings vs SuperPro

I have both and my question is with the bearing. The SuperPro kits bearing sits in the bushing perfectly, you actually need to pry it out a little because the fit is so perfect. When I try the SuperPro bearing in the "updated style" bushing it's very loose.

I had the updated installed before with the bearings that came with it, I got it from crazy Paul I believe, and I don't remember if it was a tight fit or loose. I got my SuperPro warrantied and these are the new ones I need to install but I was thinking of going back to stock but the only bearings I have are the SuperPro.

So, with stock bushings do the bearings have a little room side to side or are they supposed to be tight and snug like the SuperPro?

In the pick I put the SuperPro bearing in the stock bushing and pushed it to one side to show the play and then tight in the SuperPro bushing.
    Last edited by vlj1216; 01-11-2017 at 06:07 AM.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For design function, the bearing should not be loose. I vaguely recall others have pointed out that there are different bearings that do fit properly.

Post Thanks / Like

I think these are correct
    92186753 - (85mm dia.) Smaller older style bearing - GTO and older G8 bushings
    92249441 - (87.75mm dia.) Larger new style bearing - PPV, SS, and newer G8 bushing

The smaller bearing is used by most aftermarket bushings

Edit: I had both available so I measured them to double check.
    Last edited by Greg@PacePerformance; 01-11-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

I could see that - the new style is bigger to spread the load better.

I would not put that superpro bearing in the new rubber bush if I were you. I would however use the new superpro mounts - if you liked them.

If you were going back to rubber because of noise then that's another issue.

Incidentally what went wrong with your previous super pro's
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the replies.

I will order the 92249441. Do you have it in stock ready to go Greg? I agree that the SuperPro shouldn't be used in the OEM updated style.

I am going back to rubber because of NVH and failure. SuperPros team and warranty has been excellent, they approved the warranty over a few emails and a video, they worked with me so I didn't have to disassemble and have my daily driver down. I have to return the old parts but I want to go back to the updated style.

Here is a short video, listen to the groaning, it started after about 5 months and the sound is 10x louder in the car. And there is also a grinding feeling. Like I said I didn't disassemble yet but there is a failure there.

https://youtu.be/rBtvg3xZamA

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine makes a horrendous rubbery groan when turning the wheels with the front end in the air. There is no sound when on the ground. The high pitched noise turned out to be the steering rack.

09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    Mine makes a horrendous rubbery groan when turning the wheels with the front end in the air. There is no sound when on the ground. The high pitched noise turned out to be the steering rack.

Yeah the high pitch sound is only at full lock, normal. My groan and grinding feeling was suspension loaded, car on the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vlj1216 View Post
    Thanks all for the replies.

I will order the 92249441. Do you have it in stock ready to go Greg? I agree that the SuperPro shouldn't be used in the OEM updated style.

I am going back to rubber because of NVH and failure. SuperPros team and warranty has been excellent, they approved the warranty over a few emails and a video, they worked with me so I didn't have to disassemble and have my daily driver down. I have to return the old parts but I want to go back to the updated style.

Here is a short video, listen to the groaning, it started after about 5 months and the sound is 10x louder in the car. And there is also a grinding feeling. Like I said I didn't disassemble yet but there is a failure there.

https://youtu.be/rBtvg3xZamA
    Yes we have the 92249441 bearings in stock.
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

I have super pro bushings. I got 10k on them at the most. They squeakd a bit so I lubed them when I swapped struts. Just a light grease on them and never hear it again. I dunno if normal grease softens the paint or not. Shouldn't be a problem.
    I do like them over the bmr I had prior.
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuildItYourSelf View Post
    I have super pro bushings. I got 10k on them at the most. They squeakd a bit so I lubed them when I swapped struts. Just a light grease on them and never hear it again. I dunno if normal grease softens the paint or not. Shouldn't be a problem.
    I do like them over the bmr I had prior.
    I'm at 92k and all my suspension components combined are just beating up my car a little too much. The SuperPro have been excellent, for a big girl she handles and corners awesomely but I just want to back off the firmness a little. Noises drive me crazy, my newest rattle is somewhere in my dash. Squeaks and rattles are like nails on a chalk board to me. I dunno if I'm the only one or if anyone else dose this but many commutes I'll shut off my radio and just listen to everything and diagnosis and stress for the whole ride