Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm about to give up on the G8

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm about to give up on the G8

Its been a month now and i cant find the right G8. There isnt any locally but searching 3hrs north (Indy), 3 hrs west (st louis), 3 hrs south (nashville) and 3 hrs east (cincy) i havent much luck. THere were some but by the time i get a chance to get there its sold. St Louis has 2 2009 GTs with 62k miles and 74k miles but they want almost $19000 for them. Indy has 08 gt with 98k miles and listed at $16900 and near Cincy has 09 GT with 94k miles for $15500. Majority (GT and Base) have over 100k miles. This is frustrating....

Post Thanks / Like

There's a guy locally selling a 69,000 mile car and he's asking 19. Personally, I think it's worth 17ish. I can hook you up with him if you like. Send me a PM. We're about a 6ish hour drive from Evansville.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

there is local Chrysler dealer selling a 2009 Gt with 17k miles on it for $18200 in NY its worth every penny fly in and pick it up

4. Likes MongosG8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll sell you mine. 09 GT , 82k, no wrecks, adult owned, never smoked in, never raced. There's a regional airport here. I'll split the cost of a plane ticket with you and pick you up, go to the bank, go pay off the lien, you drop me off and drive home or I'll split the cost to ship it to you. Pm me if interested. $16,500.

Oh yeah, I'm in Mississippi. Car needs nothing. Very clean, no scratches or door dings. WH, red/onyx interior 9.9, exterior 9.8. PPV's, Teins, DBAs , SS brake lines, etc...
    Last edited by Markmsf3; 12-28-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

6. Thanks AlexSpain thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And that is why you will love owning one: not everyone has a G8. I went on a 2200 mile vacation in mine. Saw three Ferraris. Only saw two G8's. Good things come to those who have patience and wait.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

The difficulty in finding a nice clean G8 is probably the biggest perk for us owners. The G8 is not without it faults and it's a niche vehicle.

And it's hard to believe but the car is also 8 and 9 years old too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belo View Post
    The difficulty in finding a nice clean G8 is probably the biggest perk for us owners. The G8 is not without it faults and it's a niche vehicle.

And it's hard to believe but the car is also 8 and 9 years old too
    thats part of my point on buying a GT that costs $18000. Paying that much for a car thats 7-8 yrs old and then the car is 12yrs old by the time its paid off. i still want one tho

Post Thanks / Like

At this point I don't think the age of the car means as much as the short production run (2/2 1/2 years I think). To the OP I just put in a search with a 500 mile radius on just autotrader and 35 GT's came up..
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

Post Thanks / Like

one just popped up near me. 09 GT white with the sport wheels and sport leather/pedals. but it was 106k miles. description says no accident car. Im waiting on a car fax. they are asking $12.950

Post Thanks / Like

Pontiac G8 Classifieds on FB has a ton of them for sale in your price range.
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

13. Likes AlexSpain liked this post