Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do the front struts look right?

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    I think your picks are accentuating the difference. Look again at the bottom of the bush (yeah boy) and notice how they don't even look the same. Meanwhile I bet they looked that way out of the package too.

You did say rubber bushes right - they deform a bit more than urethane ones in general - so they also have more material in places. SO look again and notice the bush is indeed touching on the bottom - just not flush with the mushroom top. because it's probably not flush to begin with.

THus again I wouldn't worry about it.

However as mentioned - few minutes you can take the tops off - check them for locations and if they have play (which I bet they do not) and then put the tops back on.
    I have BMR bushings and bearings installed. And I think I know what the problem is. I'm pretty positive now that the front strut top plates are installed upside down. The profile shape of the top plate is not symmetrical. When positioned correctly, the bottom side of the plate has a more subtle curve than the top side, and I think that is partly what is causing the gap.

Hopefully it's a quick fix. I will post pictures soon of top plates that are installed correctly so you can compare them.
    Last edited by Executor999; 12-28-2016 at 09:42 AM.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are additional pics with the billet caps removed. I still think the top plates are installed upside down but maybe it's not an issue?

Driver's Side

Passenger's Side

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this post. Try flipping them over (see my last email to you). I can remove the top plate in 2 mins now LOL.