Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's everyone's Superchips Cortex settings

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's everyone's Superchips Cortex settings

Tell me what you have your Cortex set to. My experience is all of 30 minutes with it, so I'm looking for your personal experience.

Mine is set at 91 and the transmission is set at "SUPERCHIPS" which I believe is 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

Advanced performance tune, speed Limiter raised, shift torque 50% and everything else at Superchips value.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

You seem to be the expert and I'm sure you've tried every option, so I'm gonna try that out.

Post Thanks / Like

Rev raised, speed limiter raised, 91 tune, 125% shift torque (awsome) all other SC values. I'm still wanting to try the 150% shift, but, just haven't set it there yet. What can be changed in the quick tune?

Roots blower by Magnacharger 469 hp 498 torque on Mustang dyno 12 lbs of boost
    Should be over 500 rwhp with cog drive, now 12 lbs of boost, no dyno or track time since od cog drive
    After Maggie 11.86 @ 115.33 w/1.74 60 ft (best 60ft 1.63.) (Nov. 6, 2010) Temp 60, DA 1158
    After Maggie 1/8 mile 7.58, best mph 92.16 w/1.66. Kooks Mids w/cats, H-pipe, cheap mufflers.
    20x8.5 and 20x9.5 Lorenzo Black Wl032 wheels Sumitomo Htr 3's 255-35 and 275-35's
    Eibach prokit with Lovell strut/shocks, Ctsv/Camaro Brakes
    The above Dyno numbers were after the sale to born2fly (awsome)
    New Ride is 82 malibu wagon with 6.0 ly6 and ported l92 heads, comp cam, holley hi ram intake, hedman headers, 4l60 w/3000 stall and more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by locrzn#92 View Post
    What can be changed in the quick tune?
    LOL, not much, that's why it's a quick tune
    Trigger

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThugHunter View Post
    You seem to be the expert and I'm sure you've tried every option, so I'm gonna try that out.
    I do adjust the shift torque around depending on temp. The more heat, the more shift torque.

Shift torque at Superchips value (100%), and I can melt the tires right off
    Trigger

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by locrzn#92 View Post
    Rev raised, speed limiter raised, 91 tune, 125% shift torque (awsome) all other SC values. I'm still wanting to try the 150% shift, but, just haven't set it there yet. What can be changed in the quick tune?
    I think I got whiplash when I had it set at 125. Quickly changed it back to 100, now back down to SRG's 50% to give that a whirl. Sure is nice to be able to plug and change it unlike all the other tunes available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRG963 View Post
    Advanced performance tune, speed Limiter raised, shift torque 50% and everything else at Superchips value.
    I have it all at the same execpt for the fan setting I left at stock. I tried it at superchips setting and it seemed to be always on when the car was running awhile. Especially when stoped it bothered me. Seemed very loud even with the windows up inside the car. So set it back to stock and its all good!
    Just my
    2009.25 Pontiac G8 GT, Switchblade Silver Metallic, Premium and Sport packages
    Atari Gauge Mod, Hard Wired Nav w/ ProClip, AFE CAI, Superchips Tune 2.0, Clearmask Complete Kit. PIAA Bright White Bulbs All Around. Putco Fog Lamp Bulbs, Royal Purple Synthetic, Debaged, 6.0 Litres, SS, and V Badges.
    From page 8-7 in the G8 Owners Manual - "If more power is needed for passing, and the vehicle is going about 35MPH or more, push the accelerator all the way down"

Post Thanks / Like

Under mild acceleration with the Superchips settings, the engine revs higher than I prefer before shifting. It would be nice to have economical low rpm shifts in normal mode and performance shifts in sport mode.
    2009 G8 GT, premium, sport, sport red metallic
    Roto-Fab CAI
    MagnaFlow 16887 Street Series cat-back
    Superchips Cortex: RotoFab 91 Octane, 25% TM, AFM off
    and splash guards (that look better than dirt)

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's currently set to 87 octane and 50% shift torque with all other values at Superchips default.

I've tried 50%, 100%, and 150% shift torque thus far. I think 50% is pretty close to where I want the car to be, but I'm going to try 75% before I finalize where I want it long term.

Also, I'm going to change the rev limiter and shift points back to stock. My car shifts at 6200 RPM with the Superchips settings, and it's obvious when you drive it that the setting needs to be more like 5800-6000.
    09 Stryker Blue GT -- Solo HFC's and V2 catback, VCM Intake, HSRK
    89 Corvette -- Currently R.I.P. (Resting in Pieces)