Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Installed headers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Installed headers

I got hit with mod bug this summer. Started with 2300 maggie and ended with rear suspentson and cradle bushings and I know Im preaching to the car crazy choir, but her goes.
    I had everything almost perfect and should have called it a summer. But i bought Pypes headers, no cats and solo back exhaust. So I lost low end
    perfect pull I had. Question is cats real can make that much difference?
    09 BLK G8 GT
    2300 Maggie with rear OD cog belt/ 56# injectors / Kennie BAP/ Under drive pulley / TPIS Tune / with E85 has 492 hp to wheels /Moroso deep trans. Pan Camaro Diff. 3.45 : 1
    / 160 Deg. therm. / 1 3/4 Headers with Solo Mach short back /BMR arms rear and diff and cradle bushings
    BC coil overs / corvette wheels

Post Thanks / Like

I gained everywhere when I removed cats.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

So I set up appointment with my tuner. Because of this I installed rear over drive cog drive set up on rear of maggie ( not too crazy about loud whine it makes)
    Anyway it moved boost to about 10-11 psi my question is Im conserned that this is to much for stock internal engine and maybe I should go up in size on front jack shaft pulley?

Also is going to E85 all in the tuning or is there more to it?
    09 BLK G8 GT
    2300 Maggie with rear OD cog belt/ 56# injectors / Kennie BAP/ Under drive pulley / TPIS Tune / with E85 has 492 hp to wheels /Moroso deep trans. Pan Camaro Diff. 3.45 : 1
    / 160 Deg. therm. / 1 3/4 Headers with Solo Mach short back /BMR arms rear and diff and cradle bushings
    BC coil overs / corvette wheels