Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: 09 g8 rear cradle swap use fe4 sway bar???

Post Thanks / Like

Default 09 g8 rear cradle swap use fe4 sway bar???

Was able to get a low mileage 2015 camaro rear cradle, going to take everything off and swap onto the g8 cradle (upper control arm, knuckle, lower control arm...) Still rubbing on big bumps and from what ive read off other members swapping to camaro cradle narrows the rear about 3/4 inch. The 2015 camaro has the fe4 lower control arms for the updated sway bar that mounts outside of rear shock. Is it worth the hassle to try to use the camaro sway bar, knowing that i will have to modify the spare tire tub? It also looks like the 2016 chevy ss might also use the updated sway bar, cant find a clear answer on that yet.... any real benefit to swapping to the new design.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the spare tire tub will need cut for the Camaro sub frame.
    The ss sway may work. I don't know if they share the same spare tire tub or not.
    It seems to me wheels are a better solution for your problem but it's your car. The Camaro rear was a good swap before the ss rotors with brembos. But now that is no longer a problem
    2008 GT-M. PBM, #885

Post Thanks / Like

look into the 15-16 SS rear sway bar , they attach to the outter edges

Post Thanks / Like

Resurrection time!

I'm just wrapping up the entire cradle swap, but want to use my G8 sway bar (stock GXP).

What bushings do I need? The G8 one is too small for the bracket and the Camaro one is too big for the G8 bar.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    MGM GXP - M6, sunroof, and a whole lot of fun.