Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contact dealer code

Post Thanks / Like

Default contact dealer code

after having my car sitting outside the shop for 2 weeks and then grtting work done, new intake manifold, underdrive pulley, and replace rocker arm rail, and front timing cover gasket now the won't start or even try to crank over and contact dealer is popping up and stability control turning off, and fuel gauge wont read, and battery says 0% i unplugged battery overnight and charged it doesn't make a difference and it's a new battery, car has been cammed for months now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antec800 View Post
    after having my car sitting outside the shop for 2 weeks and then grtting work done, new intake manifold, underdrive pulley, and replace rocker arm rail, and front timing cover gasket now the won't start or even try to crank over and contact dealer is popping up and stability control turning off, and fuel gauge wont read, and battery says 0% i unplugged battery overnight and charged it doesn't make a difference and it's a new battery, car has been cammed for months now
    Sensor on timing cover plugged back in? On the right, near the bottom half.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a ground was not replaced.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

no grounds were taken off, I think the ecm went bad not sure how I can test it withiut buying a new one and paying to get it reprogramed

Post Thanks / Like

Fuel gauge not reading will give you the contact dealer message. Can you hear the fuel pump fire when you turn the key to run?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

no I can't hear the fuel pump

Post Thanks / Like

There's a fuse in the trunk for the fuel pump.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

checked all fuses still good the car wont even try to crank it's like the bcm or ecm won't let it

Post Thanks / Like

new battery in all fuses and relays good, car still won't even try to crank fuel pumps disabled, throttle body disabled, stability and abs disabled, really stumped...

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is doing the same thing, what did yours end up being? Everything keeps disabling. i unhooked battery nothing. i unplugged transmission plug right above transmission pan, plugged it back in and put battery cable back on and it fired right up drove it 7 miles and contact dealer came back up and the dash and everything went to 0. Car was still moving and running but dash was flickering, RPM/MPH bouncing all around and doors started locking and unlocking and dash was saying car was in park even tho i was going down the road. i was limited to 1st and 2nd gear. when i got home and shut it off it was back to a no start condition again with red x, trac control disabled, very low fuel (even tho i have half a tank), and no power to anything showing under engineering mode. temperature and engine oil life even say 0. The only way i can get the car to start back up is if i unhook battery, get under car, turn and unplugged transmission plug and plug it right back in, the problem is this only buys me a few mins to get the car moved and it eventually goes back to a no start condition soon as i shut it off. anyone please help!! i need to get it to dealer to see whats up but i afraid i will end up stuck on the side of the road or hurt something further. Thanks in advance for any advice.