Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: pennzoil ULTRA PLATINUM 5W-30 OIL

Post Thanks / Like

Yes without the big noise blocker - you'd be amazed at how loud fuel injectors are under load.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Yes without the big noise blocker - you'd be amazed at how loud fuel injectors are under load.
    So true .. I even had a friend notice a big difference when I pulled it off
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Post Thanks / Like

I hear nothing under "full load" from the front of my car!

From what Manton is saying about their trunnion bushings, I should hear even less from upfront.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    I hear nothing under "full load" from the front of my car!

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

Post Thanks / Like

just an FYI

Got 5qt jugs of the ultra platinum from wallmart.com for 25 per jug. Cheaper than the lower grades sitting on the shelf in the store.

AND buying 2 of them I got free shipping to the house. NUTS I tell you.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Post Thanks / Like

Just can't buy from Wally World. Just can't do it... I still have this sitting in my garage. My plan is to finally use it this year. I put 100 miles on last year.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hflores3 View Post
    Respectfully,

a) "any oil" can go to 10,000 mile interval. The core question is the level of protection you want for your engine at that interval.
    c) a 9 quart sump is not a significant determinant of the level of protection you want for your engine.
    d) The level of protection comes from the quality of the base oil and the additive packs therein. (dispersents, detergents, antioxidants, friction modifiers, anti shearing, etc.)
    e) At some point all additive packs will diminish (via volatility, oxidation, mechanical shearing, combustion contaminants, etc.) .... that's when you see gunk, soot, and all that stuff!)
    f) You are correct that you can take our 9 quart cars to a 10,000 oil change interval - but we would do so at a cost/benefit compromise. (i.e., the reduced cost of oil changes vs. the high cost of a reduced mileage engine and subsequent R&R. The dealer replacement cost of an L76 (with labor) is $9,000. Not suggesting that 10k oil intervals lead to engine replacment (cause & effect) ..... only that we have a lot of cash invested in our cars and thus the need protect drive trains with quality lubricants.
    While I'll agree in general, I contend.

Same oils but different quanties:

1) Car with a 4-5 quart sump. Probably not recommended to go 10,000 miles unless you run a solid synthetic with quality base stocks. 5,000 is probably the max.
    2) Car with 9-10 quart sump. Probably no problem to go 10,000. Why? Because there is 2x the additives etc.. available for the engine to consume. More oil means the degradation of all the additives that 10quarts of oil will be used up slower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    just an FYI

Got 5qt jugs of the ultra platinum from wallmart.com for 25 per jug. Cheaper than the lower grades sitting on the shelf in the store.

AND buying 2 of them I got free shipping to the house. NUTS I tell you.

I never shop at that store but I seen the same deal.. looks like I will need to enter at my own risk and purchase a couple of the 5 quart containers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MongosG8 View Post
    I never shop at that store but I seen the same deal.. looks like I will need to enter at my own risk and purchase a couple of the 5 quart containers.
    You can always people watch
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tchr49 View Post
    You can always people watch
    Ew! I'd rather do that at Target! A much better-looking mix of people.