Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Back to Back Video - G8 with ARH/Solo vs ARH/Magnaflow Mid/Solo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Yes, solos are basically straight pipes with a jtube on each (to cancel drone).

The mid muffler would tame that right down. Those (your ss muffs) seem to be louder/raspier than the gxp muffs I had prior to the solos, fyi.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    I was very surprised a factory muffler would be that loud tbh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8g8 View Post
    I was very surprised a factory muffler would be that loud tbh.
    GXP mufflers on a heads/cam/headers car are obnoxious too.

Post Thanks / Like

True but this is a street car for me. I think at cammed power level axle back could be worth 10 hp
    I gave up way more than that with a mild cam selection. Since you say it's a street car, who cares about 10 hp? If you are at 500 rwhp with obnoxious exhaust or 490 with stealth mode exhaust, do you really think you'll feel the difference?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    GXP mufflers on a heads/cam/headers car are obnoxious too.
    I gave up way more than that with a mild cam selection. Since you say it's a street car, who cares about 10 hp? If you are at 500 rwhp with obnoxious exhaust or 490 with stealth mode exhaust, do you really think you'll feel the difference?
    My cam is mild too. Idk car felt like it had more pop hitting it from a roll but could just be imagination. I just want something inbetween the stock and ss setup. Might just have to snag a set of 2016 ss mufflers. Even my old cammed vette with full 3 inch exhaust was quieter than this.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. The whole reason I have GT mufflers on my car was how loud my old heads/cam/headers C5 was. My wife hated it. I promised her that my sensible 4 door would never sound like that. First start up after mods and I new I was in trouble. I went dumpster diving for some GT mufflers and problem solved.

6. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. The whole reason I have GT mufflers on my car was how loud my old heads/cam/headers C5 was. My wife hated it. I promised her that my sensible 4 door would never sound like that. First start up after mods and I new I was in trouble. I went dumpster diving for some GT mufflers and problem solved.
    Lol so true. Im gonna put em up for sale. Kid had a parade at school today so there were hundreds of parents and kids outside. I rolled up late with my stock gt muffs on. I would have been downright embarrassed with the other mufflers in that situation. Im going lsa blower later on anyway so limiting some power may be a good thing.

8. Likes joemomma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol so true. Im gonna put em up for sale. Kid had a parade at school today so there were hundreds of parents and kids outside. I rolled up late with my stock gt muffs on. I would have been downright embarrassed with the other mufflers in that situation. Im going lsa blower later on anyway so limiting some power may be a good thing.
    Finally someone gets that pulling up in a loud car isn't cool beyond high school. Once you're blown you will spin street tires at 70 mph through GT mufflers, so you won't lose that much power. If you do ever make it to the track, drop the mufflers and let it eat.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone local has the ARH mid pipe with mid muffler already on. He took it off because it was too quiet, so that's a good sign. I am going to buy it and try it. I don't mind experimenting since I won't have to hack up my current pipe. It's cheap enough where not much lost if it's still too loud.

Also, in these videos below of the mid muffler + gxp muffler, it's exactly the sound I am looking for. A good sound but not too loud.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-g8...p-exhaust.html

Finally someone gets that pulling up in a loud car isn't cool beyond high school. Once you're blown you will spin street tires at 70 mph through GT mufflers, so you won't lose that much power. If you do ever make it to the track, drop the mufflers and let it eat.
    I totally get it, I wanted a better sound, not necessarily much louder. Something like how these new muscle cars sound like from the factory, like the '17 Camaros.
    Last edited by gr8g8; 10-31-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My cam is mild too. Idk car felt like it had more pop hitting it from a roll but could just be imagination. I just want something inbetween the stock and ss setup. Might just have to snag a set of 2016 ss mufflers. Even my old cammed vette with full 3 inch exhaust was quieter than this.
    Yeah, not sure on the volume of the '14-'15 mufflers in relation to the GXP mufflers. I think they're around the same design? Not positive.

I CAN say though, that on the '16 SS, quiet mode is quieter than a '14 & '15, and loud mode is louder than either. There are other exhaust differences between '14-'15 and '16 though.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*