Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to Back Video - G8 with ARH/Solo vs ARH/Magnaflow Mid/Solo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JessMan View Post
    Oh so it was their catback essentially? I though you meant it was just the axle backs. Do you happen to have any rev videos with the old or new setup?
    Oh man, I meant arh catted xpipe.

And on rev video, let me see if the shop can post them.
    Last edited by STL_G8GT; 08-03-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Oh man, I meant arh catted xpipe.

And on rev video, let me see if the shop can post them.
    No rev, but a takeoff at the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq4NyMXdtH0

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

No rev, but a takeoff at the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq4NyMXdtH0

Sounds awesome man!

Pale Horse
    2009 G8 GT Sport Edition
    Mods: Vararam intake, HIDs

4. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have arh headers too and was looking to add a bit more sound over stock muffs . I put on SS muffs and its too loud at DDing rpms . Does the magnaflow quiet it down a good amount at low rpm? Also how is the ground clearance with em and are there any ill effects from removing the body brace?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8g8 View Post
    I have arh headers too and was looking to add a bit more sound over stock muffs . I put on SS muffs and its too loud at DDing rpms . Does the magnaflow quiet it down a good amount at low rpm? Also how is the ground clearance with em and are there any ill effects from removing the body brace?
    The magnaflow deepens the tone and takes the rasp out of it. It does remove some volume throughout, and it's actually nearly silent at some highway rpms with minimal throttle, surprisingly. Get on it, though, and it's flat out nasty. Partial throttle is pretty tame. If you tell your shop you are concerned with ground clearance and that you want to see that midmuffler tucked as much as possible, ground clearance isn't an issue. Mine is not lower than the cats, fyi. I went with a show that mandrel builds their own stuff, welds all materials, builds roll cages, etc. I didn't trust this to a local muffler shop and I'm soooo glad I went this route.

I reinstalled the brace using the rear mount points on the vehicle for the front holes on the brace, then drilled two new holes to be the new rear mount points, and used grade 8 galvanized hardware to bolt it up.

2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

The magnaflow deepens the tone and takes the rasp out of it. It does remove some volume throughout, and it's actually nearly silent at some highway rpms with minimal throttle, surprisingly. Get on it, though, and it's flat out nasty. Partial throttle is pretty tame. If you tell your shop you are concerned with ground clearance and that you want to see that midmuffler tucked as much as possible, ground clearance isn't an issue. Mine is not lower than the cats, fyi. I went with a show that mandrel builds their own stuff, welds all materials, builds roll cages, etc. I didn't trust this to a local muffler shop and I'm soooo glad I went this route.

I reinstalled the brace using the rear mount points on the vehicle for the front holes on the brace, then drilled two new holes to be the new rear mount points, and used grade 8 galvanized hardware to bolt it up.

The ss mufflers are silent at cruise and low load too but get too loud for baby hauling in the 1500 to 2500 range. Cold starts will wake the dead too. If the mid muffs dont do too much for volume im gonna hafta sell them. Id hate to do the mid muffs and hack up my exhaust only to have no reduction in volume. I personally love how the setup sounds as is but just way too nasty for baby hauling and cold starts im garage is insane lol.

Wish i could get a ride in someones car with this setup before taking the plunge. Im in pa

Also, any hp gains on cammed cars over stock gt muffs?
    Last edited by gr8g8; 10-30-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

just realized u have solos not gxps my bad. mixed up with another guy. the mids may indeed do the trick then. solos are basocally just open exhaust right?

heres my ss muffs idle and rev

https://youtu.be/Hx_2xMVePHI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8g8 View Post
    just realized u have solos not gxps my bad. mixed up with another guy. the mids may indeed do the trick then. solos are basocally just open exhaust right?

heres my ss muffs idle and rev

https://youtu.be/Hx_2xMVePHI
    Yes, solos are basically straight pipes with a jtube on each (to cancel drone).

The mid muffler would tame that right down. Those (your ss muffs) seem to be louder/raspier than the gxp muffs I had prior to the solos, fyi.

2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

GT mufflers for the street. No mufflers at all for the track. Takes less than 15 minutes to drop them or put them back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
    GT mufflers for the street. No mufflers at all for the track. Takes less than 15 minutes to drop them or put them back.

True but this is a street car for me. I think at cammed power level axle back could be worth 10 hp