Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: P0449 and P0455

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MIEngineer View Post
    Bob, I have a feeling mine is the same way. I am ordering a cap, but a new valve might be in order. Which p/n did you go with? I'll have to check mine.

Fun times.
    ACDelco 214-2164... which Amazon, if you have it set up with various cars, will say won't fit your G8 because it's not the entire assembly. I found the full assembly and it said that would fit, but I didn't need the canister so I didn't pay the 140 for it and ordered the $13 valve.
    -Bob
    2009 MSM G8 GT - Christine

Go:MJD Performance Tune, Kook's LTs 1 7/8", Chrome TVS2300, Little Lunati cam, etc, etc, etc...

Warm start/idle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwZxC-2_1o

620 - RWHP
    563 - RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Noob View Post
    ACDelco 214-2164... which Amazon, if you have it set up with various cars, will say won't fit your G8 because it's not the entire assembly. I found the full assembly and it said that would fit, but I didn't need the canister so I didn't pay the 140 for it and ordered the $13 valve.
    that's beautiful - unless your canister has a crack - but you know they make epoxy for such issues.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got back in yesterday and got it all fixed. I dropped the cradle by removing all 4 bolts and the rear exhaust hangers. I did struggle for a few minutes trying to remove the outboard line from the valve. Then I remembered I had a set of those cheap fuel line disconnect collar tools. Dug those out and had the line off almost immediately. To those planning this job, get a set. You'll be happy you did. After installing the new valve, I cleared the codes to confirm that it did indeed fix the problem. Then I put in a set of BMR cradle bushing inserts and put the rest back together.

I did smoke my torque wrench on the third cradle bolt though. It seemed a lot harder to get the wrench to click on that bolt, then, I ran out of oomph on the fourth bolt and couldn't get it to click. It was then that it dawned on me that something wasn't right. I tried resetting the torque wrench but when I got it back to 0 ft-lbs, the handle just kept twisting. So I backed those two bolts off a bit. I ordered a new wrench and two new bolts, because I'm sure I stretched them too much. I'll try to get those in next weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-T...isconnect+tool

Here's the set of fuel line disconnect tools I have. They might not last forever, but this is the second time I've found myself wanting them in the last decade, so they work fine.
    Last edited by J Wikoff; 09-19-2016 at 09:11 AM.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

4. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

don't worry about those bolts and if they aren't loose don't remove them. you didn't stretch them at all.

and I know, I know the whole but TTY . . . . . .

they are not torqued to yeild - or even near yield. for the size, material, and quality of the thread. sorry but they aren't. the whole set torque and angle spec is because the factory bolts have locktitie on them - it thus throws off a convential measured torque reading as it adds so much drag to the bolt threads. Just like how oiled bolts don't torque correctly either as they slip to easily.

so I suspect unless you cranked down on them with all your might - and I don't know if you are a power lifter using a 3 foot wrench - but I would say otherwise the bolts are just fine and I would leave them alone.
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... Want a pair of brand new bolts then? Lol.

I do lift, but my torque wrench is only 18".
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com