Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Better 60' with stock gears/torque converter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Better 60' with stock gears/torque converter

I cannot for the life of me pull better than a 2.0-2.1 60'

I run a consistent 13.2-13.3 @ 106-108. With that trap speed I should be into the high 12's but I can't get the car to leave hard enough. Zero tire spin no matter that I do, whether it be stall up the TC or launch from idle to try and flash it higher. Any tips from the experts out there? Trying to avoid throwing a stall in this thing, it's my DD and I like it tight. Gears will be the next step if I can't fix it with driving changes

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately you may get a 1.9 with the stock Stall but don't expect more
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing for me too...no sub 2-second 60s in the warmer months. It is amazing how the splits improve during the cooler months in these cars. Just cool it completely between runs is about all I could ever figure to do to help.
    2009 MGM GT: VCM CAI, ARH LT headers (no cats), Vector Tune, MT drag radials
    Procharger P1SC still powering the box it came in January 2010, hiding somewhere in the back of my man cave.
    PB: 12.533 @ 111.45 w/ 1.951 60' CLAIMING THE INTAKE/LT/TUNE/DR RECORD UNLESS SOMEBODY GOT GAME
    And nobody ever had game.

"There are but three true sports...mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. The rest are merely games." Ernest Hemmingway

"Racing is life. Everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen in the movie LeMans

Only two things smell like fish...and one of them is fish. unknown

Assigned male at birth, I now identify as a lesbian, but with extra equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah when mine was bone stock I think the best it could 60 was 2.07, added headers/cai/3.45s/tune and it was running 1.90 pretty consistently on 245 street tires. So to answer your question a stall will be needed to cut down lower. I'm running a 2600-2800 which is hardly noticeable on the street for daily duties and very tight but has me around 1.79-83 on 245 street tires and 1.71-1.73 consistently on MT radials. Still just a bolt on car too. Adding that stall cut my ET 4 tenths.