Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am so tired of water leaks...

Post Thanks / Like

Sub'd
    09 G8 GXP Auto, 4dr GTO 13.60@104.2 6177 DA.... tvs2300 13.2@110.2 spinnig all the way !
    07 G5 GT 2.4T Auto, Baby GTO 13.20@106.4
    @ 4200' in the sky !
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewbrooks87 View Post
    towing stuff with cars is cool !

Post Thanks / Like

So how did this all turn out?
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it's only rained once and it was fairly light. The door seals were dry at the bottom though. I only did the driver side so far. The front passenger side had some water in it, so I guess that's a good sign for the fix. Time will tell after some heavier rain.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear it's on the right track
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a short, but heavy rain a few days ago and the doors I fixed stayed dry!

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

6. Likes Blown396, travis gore liked this post
    Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhg. We had tons of rain over the weekend. My driver side rear floor was pretty much a pool. I pulled that corner of the carpet up and spend a good half hour sopping it all up with a large sponge.. FML

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

bummer, before you resealed the interior of the door did you clean out the shiite that accumulates inside the door that clogs the drainage ports on the bottom of the door?

Post Thanks / Like

had this happen to my passenger side rear last year, took the door apart and the plastic with sealing compound was opened up about 4 inches.peeled everything off the inside and looked in the door and there was about 3 tablespoons of electrical grease blocking the water from draining.cleaned it all out and resealed it and its been golden since. i think they were a tad too liberal with the grease upon assembly of the door though, the shiite was everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

After you get the leaks to stop, Get one of these Ozone Generators to take care of any odor 100 % . This is the real deal if you never tried one, Would have been great for the Mob in the day !
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2009.5 G8 GT Maverick Silver;Sport/Prem,Sunroof, Nav kit,
    Vararam,Holden badge kit, Kooks 1 7/8, VMS Tuned
    2009 White Hot/Red G8 GT;Sport/Prem,Sunroof, Nav kit,,Holden badges,Kooks 1 7/8, Maggie TVS 1900,VMS Tuned. Injection is great but i love being blown!
    2001 Trans Am WS6 NBM/Camel, 6spd. 21K Miles
    2001 G/P GT= beater

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I took the door panel off today and found a gap and opened right in the middle along the bottom of the liner. I patched it up with more of that windshield adhesive stuff.

Winter-wear: