Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I am so tired of water leaks...

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the parts sites say the SS strips cross ref, so that's good. $620+ shipped for a complete set of door and body mounted weatherstrips, is not good. I suppose I could just do the left side, but then I'll have to get the right side later down the road I bet.
    09 G8 GT SRM Premium Sport Sunroof

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:
    Bremmerkraft BR09 winter wheels, Weathertech floor liners, oil pan heater

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com

Post Thanks / Like

Did you look at the link I posted?

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I did now. Part prices are higher, but shipping is a lot lower. There is one door mounted strip that they don't have. One place I found doesn't say it's out of stock, but they want $140 to ship it.

HSV GTS Triple Gauge Pod, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Diffuser, HSV SuperSport Steering wheel, SOLO axle-backs, Magnaflow cats, Red Hot Shift Knob, Auto-dim Mirror, Hood Vent Mod, Removed Intake Cover, Rotofab CAI, Cortex, Infinity door speakers, MTX Re-Q5, Pioneer Amp & RF Sub, LED lows & fogs, Spyder tails, Power Slot rotors, Wagner Thermoquiet pads, Chrome lug covers, Glovebox light,

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, go to your dealer with the part numbers. You won't pay freight if they ship it into their location.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I popped the bottom interior door trim off quick last night. There were clear water trails of water going in under the trim. There was also evidence of water coming out of the bottom of the inner door panel. So I think the internal plastic sheet liner may be the issue. If I'm lucky, I'll have some time this weekend to open the doors up.

Winter-wear:

Post Thanks / Like

Hope that solves the problem for you.
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Wikoff View Post
    I popped the bottom interior door trim off quick last night. There were clear water trails of water going in under the trim. There was also evidence of water coming out of the bottom of the inner door panel. So I think the internal plastic sheet liner may be the issue. If I'm lucky, I'll have some time this weekend to open the doors up.
    Clear silicon will be your friend for sealing the plastic to the door, or you can find the goop to seal it as well. Hope this solves it, but I'd look into new window trim/seals as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Use this to re-seal your water shield to your door:
    http://m.summitracing.com/parts/tes-...Fc-Ffgod8BMLsQ

9. Thanks J Wikoff thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^yep, that's the goop^^

Beyond Help
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got done opening up the doors. The rear door liner had a large "unstuck" area right in the middle, and the front door had a few small areas. I used the goop linked above and redid the lower half of each liner. I hope that does the trick. Thanks for the tip!

Winter-wear:

12. Likes Chewy liked this post