Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attempting to put an SS Roto-fab CAI on my G8

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attempting to put an SS Roto-fab CAI on my G8

With a very basic tune and less than 1500 miles it ran an 11.37 with nothing more than some DR's and fully burdened! The car RUNS beautifully!

Sent from the internet using Borg technology.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attempting to put an SS Roto-fab CAI on my G8

Finally had time to play with this again... The deed is done...

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be after call once I got to looking at it closer. It took me longer to assemble the intake per Roto-Fab's instructions (which are super confusing), than it did to modify the intake to make it fit.

Was it worth it? I don't know... Probably not. It sits just like it would in an SS using the stock upper airbox stud (with a spacer provided from RF), and a bolt in the lower stud hole where the stud was for the stock airbox that was removed per instructions.

It doesn't look as good as I thought it would... Maybe because my car is white? Or I need some filler panels or something. IDK. I like doing things the hard way. Don't like it? Don't comment. It's that easy.

I still need to do a couple more things. Need to relocated my HID ballast because the airbox is in the way, and may look at piping some duct of some sort into the bottom of the rotofab to the front of the car. I have to pull the front fascia off anyway at some point to install a GXP trans cooler and lines, so I'll take a look at it then...

I'll post some better pictures in the light here soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RacnJsn95; 07-12-2016 at 11:19 PM.
    2008 Magnetic Gray Metallic G8 GT Premium - DOD Delete, Livernois stage 1C cam, 25% UD pulley, Vararam.

(SOLD) 2008 White Hot G8 GT premium - DOD Delete, COMP 269LRR HR13 cam, 3.23 Camaro diff, 25% UD pulley, Circle D Pro II 258 2B stall, SOLO High flow cats
    12.612 @ 109.31, 1.886 60' ft on street tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a photo of the RotoFab filler on my car.

IMO, you need to do an under hood cleaning and make everything as clean as the RF.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

4. Thanks -Ray- thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't going to say.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

6. Likes STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the engine bay cleaning. Spend a few hours going over everything and I bet you'll be happier with the time put into the project.
    - Matt