Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SLP headers with high flow cats cheapest option?...

Post Thanks / Like

Default SLP headers with high flow cats cheapest option?...

I'm looking at headers

Seems the Slp LT with cats is my cheapest option at 900.00

I was looking at DT and pacesetter but after I have the cats welded in they are more than the SLP!

Are these my only options?...

I want catalytic converters for sure but can find any other options under 1000 other than the SLPs

Post Thanks / Like

Just make sure if they're not stainless that you have them or buy them coated inside and out!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    Just make sure if they're not stainless that you have them or buy them coated inside and out!
    For any specific ones?...
    I heard SLP support sucks as they changer their product all the time?...

The kooks are 888 at summit but again the cost is out of my range when talking about buying/welding in converters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StormSG553 View Post
    For any specific ones?...
    I heard SLP support sucks as they changer their product all the time?...

The kooks are 888 at summit but again the cost is out of my range when talking about buying/welding in converters.

I bought Kooks from Maryland Speed (cheapest out there) for 715 delivered a couple of years ago on black Friday. You get what you pay for, that's all I'm going to say.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I saw some Kooks mids with cats for sale recently. Can't remember where

But Maryland speed has new Kooks mids with cats for $837. I know it's not long tubes but might get you what you want
    Last edited by Tommy G; 04-01-2016 at 02:19 PM.

2012 G8 GONE Bracket Champ!

2008 Liquid Red G8 GT-VMS stage 1.5 cam & Pat G tune, Kooks 1 3/4" LTs w/cats to Corsa catback, VCM intake. 427RWHP, 401RWTQ
    Eibach springs, FE3, BMR Sways, links & toe rods
    Audison Bit-One, JL Audio-500/5, 500/1, ZR800, 10w3v3(x2), Boston Z6, JHP Triple gauges
    TSW Indy 500 staggered w/Nitto Invo (285 rear), GXP diffuser, Roto-Fab engine covers

Post Thanks / Like

I have the SLP LTs and they have held up great over the years. Mine were stainless and coated and they are still shiny and in good shape with no rust or staining. I did gut the cats, but the shells are still installed of course.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    I have the SLP LTs and they have held up great over the years. Mine were stainless and coated and they are still shiny and in good shape with no rust or staining. I did gut the cats, but the shells are still installed of course.
    This is just about the only option for me right now...
    Kooks sound great but after you needs an X pipe and cats and your paying 2600.00
    I'll take the bolt on stuff that includes the cats for 900.00

Post Thanks / Like

Looks mids are usually around $770-$850. Better option than SLP IMO.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    Looks mids are usually around $770-$850. Better option than SLP IMO.
    I've been looking at these and may be a good option for me.
    Are the gains from long tubes that much greater or would the Kooks mids be comparable to the SLP LT or DT?
    I'm trying to get a noticeable difference from a VCM, solo axle back and tune plus which ever headers I choose.

Post Thanks / Like

The mids are alot shorter than the SLPs and the gains are very small if you keep the factory cats.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage