Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car is stuttering, problem with tune?

Post Thanks / Like

so I got hp tuners and can post the tune if there is anybody that could take a look at it. not really sure how to do it yet though, lol. I was able to download the tune just don't know how to post it.
    ProCharger D1SC with 3 core Intercooler, Livernois 1C cam with DOD delete, Circel D 278mm 3000-3200 torque converter, Hayden Transaver Plus 30K, F.A.S.T 102mm LSXR intake, Nick Williams 102mm TB, F.A.S.T fuel rails, F.A.S.T 65 lb injectors kooks 17/8 lt, custom 3" cat back exhaust
    Tune is a work in progress

Post Thanks / Like

so I have a copy of the tune that I threw up in the hp tuners forum. they immediately identified the injector data as being bad among other things. the thing is I don't have the data sheets for my 65lbs injectors from FAST and from what I understand they don't supply them. does anyone know where I can find that info? also, ive attached the tune if anybody else can Identify anything else messed up with the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ProCharger D1SC with 3 core Intercooler, Livernois 1C cam with DOD delete, Circel D 278mm 3000-3200 torque converter, Hayden Transaver Plus 30K, F.A.S.T 102mm LSXR intake, Nick Williams 102mm TB, F.A.S.T fuel rails, F.A.S.T 65 lb injectors kooks 17/8 lt, custom 3" cat back exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

anybody have any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ft2lewis View Post
    anybody have any recommendations?
    Yeah, pay for the alternator I sent you.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a few things I see. I have a Livernois 1C cam and your VE is not even close to mine. Your VE is also disabled. You need VE tuned for transition tuning regardless if its disabled or not (so I hear). Your MAF is pretty rough. Not a smooth curve we are used to. It was probably tuned with no attempt to tune VE first. My suggestion. Tune VE up to at least 3000. Then recalibrate the MAF but put stock injectors in with good known values first. Once you have it running nice switch injectors and work on the tune past 3-4k rpm and WOT/Boost. Your timing is not too bad. Looks like you can pull off 10ish lbs boost without hurting anything (once tuned properly). I hear FAST 65s are very hard to get right because there are no injector data that comes with them. Id personally sell them and buy something else. I just put FIC 60s (@43.5, 72.5 lbs at 58psi) in mine and I love them. Data was perfect off the gate with no guesswork. People talk about the amazing ID850s, I took mine out and feel bad reselling because it wouldn't run right with their provided data. Both sets are tweaked Bosch LSA injectors, beats me why I had issues but whatever. Your final airflow minimum could use another 10 - 15% under 1000 rpm as a base for your cam. It's a bit low and will probably stumble at idle under 10 at 400, 600 and 800 rpm. You just have to tweak all that once you get VE and MAF dialed in. Good luck.

Pete

PS Also, pay Ray, he will hunt you down now that he has plenty of time :-)
    Last edited by Indypete; 12-06-2016 at 03:01 PM.