Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car is stuttering, problem with tune?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy car is stuttering, problem with tune?

last april i installed a LMS 1c cam with a circle d 3k stall. i also purchased one of livernois hand held remote tuners which i had used to tune the car post cam install. all was well with the car until recently when i installed a procharger d1sc with fast 102mm tb and intake with supporting fuel rails and 65lb injectors with a kenne bell BAP. after i picked up my car from a local tuner i took it to my buddies house (who also has a G8) and when i got off the highway the car stalled at the first stop sign. it started right back up but did it a few more times. over the course of a week and had a horrible idle. i took it back and he raised my idle throttle % which cleared up the stalling for the most part. since then, i have had problems with the car hesitating acclerating from 30 or 40mph and from 80 to 100mph. when coasting down during normal driving as i approach a stop light, my RPM drops pretty low IMO to around 400-450rpm the car is quiet at that time and a few moments later the rpm comes back up to 700-850rpm. the car just does not seem right to me. i took it back to the tuner again and he told me that i might have waffling with the rubber connecting hose just before my MAF or a bad MAF. I got a new hose as recommended and also a new MAF just to be safe. NOTHING CHANGED. The hesitating almost seems like the car cant figure out what gear to be in. I ended up taking it back yet again and it he told me everything was fine and normal. He told me when i want to get on it to manually shift it because in auto mode its too much power for the torque management to handle. i had my car scanned and smoked and they found no vaccuum leaks. they did find an intermittent faulty injector on bank 2 though. The car has brand new injectors so im not sure if this is correct. Does this sound like a problem with the tune or something wrong with the motor. thanks for the help
    ProCharger D1SC with 3 core Intercooler, Livernois 1C cam with DOD delete, Circel D 278mm 3000-3200 torque converter, Hayden Transaver Plus 30K, F.A.S.T 102mm LSXR intake, Nick Williams 102mm TB, F.A.S.T fuel rails, F.A.S.T 65 lb injectors kooks 17/8 lt, custom 3" cat back exhaust
    Tune is a work in progress

Post Thanks / Like

If you have hptuners, post your tune up. there are a couple guys who can spot obvious stuff.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you need a new tuner.

Rotohack 102 intake - 102 MAF - TPIS 102 TB - TVS1900 ported & plated w 8 rib 2.5" front + OD rear
    PnP Interchiller - RCR ported heads - RCR Lunati 219/231 113+1 - Forged Bottom End
    ARH 2" LT headers - Solo 3" CB - MT DRs + M&H FRs on Weld RT-S
    CTS-V fuel w Vaporworx - FAST 85s - Alkycontrol meth M15 + M10 - RCR tune
    9.75@139.2 ? rwhp ? rwtq

4. Likes -Ray-, Slizzo, STL_G8GT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^+1^^^^^
    '09 WH G8 GT
    Premium/Sport
    Red/Onyx
    Rotofab CAI
    Cortex 93 tune
    20% tint

I just wanted one.

Post Thanks / Like

thats what im thinking. i dont have HPTuners though but im thinking about buying it.
    ProCharger D1SC with 3 core Intercooler, Livernois 1C cam with DOD delete, Circel D 278mm 3000-3200 torque converter, Hayden Transaver Plus 30K, F.A.S.T 102mm LSXR intake, Nick Williams 102mm TB, F.A.S.T fuel rails, F.A.S.T 65 lb injectors kooks 17/8 lt, custom 3" cat back exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Any help from LMS??
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package

Post Thanks / Like

so when i upgraded to the procharger they said that they could no longer provide me with remote tunes. Has anybody else had this experience with them. It seems as though there are too many variables to play with now for them to accurately tune it.

Post Thanks / Like

I went from a turbo charger to LSA, Rick Crawford was able to remote tune my car.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Pat g said he'd be able to help with the tune

Post Thanks / Like

Look no further.....
    things are not what they appear to be.....

2009.5 Liquid Red,Onyx Red, Premium Package, e85 Surprise Package