Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TCM and ECM updated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wwg8 View Post
    Brian,

The powder is baked at about 375-400 degrees so I would suspect it shouldn't be a problem. Once that stuff cures it is tuff as crap.

I know my parts are just paint, and no problems with them. The upper part of the motor, I don't think gets much more than 3-400 degrees.

Did you say you had a heat reading gun? Have you ever tested to see how hot it was in that area? I could talk with the powder guys/manufacturer and see what they think if you can get a temp reading.

Zach
    IR Thermometer don't go that high. But since other folks are getting intakes coated, I don't think it will be a problem.
    Last edited by GXPaycheck; 03-07-2009 at 07:28 AM.
    RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), MSM, M6, Sunroof, Onyx/Red (sold)
    2009 G8 GXP, #807 of 1829, MSM, A6, sunroof
    2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, spare, #555 of 2221.

You can push the envelope, but it's still stationery

Post Thanks / Like

Took my car in to local dealer this morning for an oil change and asked about the TCM update, even printed out the bulletin and brought it with me.

Service tech said the update wouldn't be applied unless it could be demonstrated that an issue with transmission is present. After the oil change their transmission repair tech and I will go for a ride to verify any issues with trans.

I've read on this board where other members didn't have to go through all these hassles to get the update. They simply showed the service tech the bulletin and if their VIN number was relevant to the bulletin the update was performed.

Service tech printed a Vehicle inquiry for my VIN number which listed "no service or campaigns" existed for my vehicle.

My vehicle does exhibit the symptoms related to bulletin. I guess the burden of proof is on me. I just wondering why it seems easy for some to get the update and others have to jump through hoops?

Post Thanks / Like

You have to specifically complain about the problem.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    No. Get the update then the tune. The tune is changing certain calibration tables and the update changes a whole other set of tables.
    Should I get my updated and then have VSM re-tune my again?

White Hot, Loaded, Roto-Fab CAI, VSM ECM & TCM Tune 93 Octane, 20% Tint

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered the same thing, but i think the VMS TCM tune includes the most recent updates already
    2009 G8 GT
    Stryker Blue Metallic ~ Premium w/Sunroof, VM ECM/TCM Tune, NEP OTR Intake, Borla Cat-back & Holden Badges

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    After doing it all the rear is the weak link. There are issues in the front, but a lot of attention needs to be paid to the rear.